Corrupted.

(I apologize if some aspects of this story differ from Dreamtale's actual story, however, It is just how I wrote out everything lol. Anyway, enjoy the next chapter and sorry for any potential errors!)

---Nightmare's Pov---

"Wait, you can't go in there!" A nurse called out as I angrily pushed open some doors that led into an emergency section of the hospital.

"Piss off." I snapped while throwing a bone in her direction. A doctor was next, he tried to stop me but I easily had him pinned up against a wall in an instant. His feet dangled from the height that he was being held from as my hands squeezed the life from his throat. "(Y/n). Tell me, is she stable?"

The way that I spoke was both cold and slow, easily giving me a murderous edge. My flaring purple eye switched to cyan every few seconds until the man nodded his head quickly. A smile appeared on my face while I gave him a look of reassurance. "See now? That wasn't too hard."

"Of course..." I began, walking away from him with my back turned. Once I stopped about a meter away, I turned around with my eye back to its teal color. The doctor was on the grey floor gasping for air. "If she wasn't... You'd be dead where you stand."

My pearly white smile and now empty eyes faded away into the shadows as I took to the darkness. I moved through the emergency halls until eventually coming across the door to her room. Taking a heavy breath as I stared at the pale peach obstacle, my hands flinched to open it.

Finally escaping from my sense of unease, I pushed the door open. Once I got inside of the room, I watched as two nurses froze in horror upon seeing me. I took several steps towards them, intimidating them with each threatening step that I took. "Get out."

When I said those words, the two nurses immediately knew that I left no room for argument. They fled before a new set of purple bones that I summoned could hurt them. Honestly, I don't know if i've ever been so pissed off to the point of expressing myself with my magic. Although, one thing was for certain...

I enjoyed throwing my magic around. I loved how everyone stared at me in fear.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I turned towards a bed in the middle of the room. Light blue blankets covered (Y/n)'s body while a machine made beeping noises. I walked towards the end of her bed, slowly noticing the cuts and bruises that coated her face... I could barely feel her soul.

Dreading the idea of removing her blankets to see her damage, I instead settled on swiping the papers from the end of her bed. I started to read through the notes before sighing in relief. She was going to be okay... She hasn't woken up yet, but she will be fine.

Once I put down the papers, I decided to approach my lover. Now getting a more clear look at her features, I realized that she was probably in a lot of pain. (Y/n) wasn't wearing the necklace that I gave her and instead, it was placed on the small table beside the bed. I guess that they removed it to treat her wounds? All the same, it did its job and led me here. 'We should kill them.'

'You're right.' I thought back while moving a strand of her hair behind her ear. Using my magic to pull her soul out, I allowed one of my hands to glow in a comforting green glow. Reading that healing book finally seemed to pay off... (Y/n)'s hp was 3/10.

 'Why haven't we noticed this before... why is her base hp so low?!' My opposite snarled in displeasure. 

'She is so fragile...' I responded before casing her soul in the green magic. Due to my lack of experience, I only managed to heal her up by three more hp! I haven't felt so annoyed in my entire life. "Don't worry, (Y/n)... I am going to fix this. I promise."