Stone slumber.

(Okay. 400 total reads. Very unexpected... anyway, here is the 14th chapter! Things are finally moving forward.)

---Dream's Pov---

"Oh no..." were the only words that I could say once I felt the tree's death. I knew that something was terribly wrong because of the distant screams. Everything was pure havoc,  buildings were lit ablaze by orange flames, the sky was a deep red, blood coated the streets...

I didn't know what Nightmare was saying from afar, but he was constantly repeating it while heading in the direction of the hospital... (Y/n).  He was after that poor girl. Anyone that crossed his path was mercilessly slaughtered by his additional limbs. I basically had a front row seat to him tearing apart body after body...

Knowing how obsessed he was becoming with (Y/n), I couldn't allow him near her. From his power alone, I could tell that he consumed all of the available black apples on the tree. The only way that I could stand a chance was by eating the single golden apple that I carried with me everywhere... but even then that might not be enough.

As Nightmare got closer, I could see his pearly white smile. Anyone that was unfortunate enough to cross his path was either grabbed by his slimy appendages and killed, or locked in an endless nightmare. In fact, I could see several unconscious bodies lining the sidewalk, all of which were suffering from their dreams.

Normally a dream wasn't harmful... but they were actually receiving bruises and cuts from whatever they were experiencing during their slumber. All I could do was watch from a distance as their hp slowly lowered. They were the unlucky ones, probably being tortured...

My thoughts flashed back to (Y/n) upon realizing her fate. Nightmare didn't seem like himself right now and appeared to be clearly insane... he lacked control over his overwhelming strength. Even though I didn't want to think about it, if Nightmare did get his hands on her, he'd probably mark her and make her his in an instant. Actually, he would probably do both of those things despite her being unconscious.

I really didn't want to consider that, though it did seem accurate.

Once Nightmare came closer, I teleported back towards the hospital room. He was almost there, any moment now... "Hey, Dream... The kid is awake."

"What?" I turned sharply on my heels to stare at the girl in the bed, she was sitting up with her piercing (E/c) eyes, looking at me with concern. "Ink, can you do me a favor?"

"Yeah, sure?" He casually responded while moving towards a window. Staring outside, he took notice of the approaching tar covered skeleton. The nightmarish monster's magic surrounded him to increase his destructive edge, but instead of having a purple glow, it was black with cyan outlines. It almost looked like he was preparing a massive attack or something.

"Take (Y/n) to a safe place. Do not return to this au until the conflict dies down." I said assertively. (Y/n) started to look around frantically for something to write on since the both of us had no idea that she was a selective mute. She wanted to use her voice, but struggled to speak to the two individuals that she didn't know.

"What?! You can't be serious, what if you lose!" Ink said with fear.

"I am not going to lie, my chances aren't great." I muttered aloud as my friend looked at me with worry. "I'll be fine. Get out of here!"

I could tell that Ink didn't want to leave, he hesitated until we both felt the entire hospital shake. As much as I wanted to soothe both him and (Y/n) by telling them that it was just an earthquake... that would of been far from the truth. As if to confirm my thoughts, a voice echoed through the area, its terror unmistakable. Even the poor artist was shivering from the tone.