Desires.

(Okay, so the story finally managed to get it's 80 votes. As promised, I will be doing two updates today... so let's get to it. Additionally the first two chapters of my Horror x Reader is out, so be sure to give it a read! Anyway, enjoy!)

---Nightmare's Pov---

Her delicate skin was damaged with cuts everywhere. Even if she was properly bandaged after the incident, I didn't take too kindly to Dust touching my (Y/n). Though, what I hated worse was what Cross did.. he almost killed her. She was barely holding on to her life.

Carefully I brushed her hair away from her face, trying to remain as comforting as possible during my angered state of mind. While I wanted to hold her for the rest of the day and enjoy her company after that boring fight in SwapFell, I returned without that pleasure. I, a King, was denied of what I wanted to do.

Since (Y/n) was unconscious in front of me, I struggled to invade whatever dream she was having since it wasn't exactly stable. (Y/n) almost looked like that time in the hospital...

Once the thought of her being in the same pained state crossed my mind, I let out a wave of aggression that could be felt through the entire castle. My beautiful mate was hurt... she was in pain and I couldn't do any more than just watch!

I wanted to keep my magic reserves that suffered immensely from healing magic, so I couldn't give her the attention that I wanted. If I did, that would put her protection in danger. By now, I had her clothes stripped from her body to insure that she wasn't hurt elsewhere. After placing the fabric of the clothing on the nightstand next to her, I started to examine her wounds.

Of course my selfish glances couldn't be helped as I stared at her intoxicating body... this view was similar to a drug, addicting. "Ugh... and even unconscious, I cannot help but be tempted."

My phalanges went to glide across her skin with care, resting on the soft skin of her stomach where it began tracing circles. Despite my pleading instincts, I decided not to go anywhere else with my touch... and instead, I knew that I'd have to satisfy myself through her in a different way.

Picking up (Y/n) body with my limbs that shuddered against her bare skin, I sat down against the pillows of the bed and lowered her on top of me in a straddling position. She was entirely limp, so my hands worked to keep her well positioned as I dove my head into the crook of her neck.

After a few moments of her being like this, I decided to take pleasure in allowing a small exploration of her body. One of my hands tangled itself in her (Y/n) hair while the other went down the length of her back. Once I managed to reach her rear, I offered a firm squeeze that drew out an unsuspected moan from her.

My eye flared cyan, demanding me to take her right then, just over the simple noise that she made. Of course it didn't help that her naked self was on top of me-

Ugh. she was meant to calm me down like this, not make me want to- and to make matters worse, she is unconscious. "You are... Impossible for me."

And with that said, I decided to put her back under the purple blankets. I couldn't dare to be in the same room as her right now, it was much too dangerous! She was quite literally too much for me to handle.

These past few days had a massive impact on our relationship, causing my attachment to become more powerful. To think that I, a monster that wanted to see everyone suffer.. would also want her love.

Realistically, this romance between us only existed under the boundaries of our past with each other. I would always be in love with (Y/n), and nothing could change that. (Y/n) sealed her fate the moment she decided to interact with me during her first dream, you could almost claim that her presence was what drove me over the edge.