Obsessed.

(Oh wow, haha. I almost have 300 readers to this story? I didn't think that this would get so much attention! Also, thank you for the votes as I really appreciate it. If we can get this story to 30 votes, I will do two updates in the same day! Anyway, enjoy~)

---Nightmare's Pov---

"What." I simply said. The intense anger that I should of felt was deeply clouded by my confusion. How could someone that was related to (Y/n) ever even consider the idea of trying to- "Why... would they do that?"

Once the reality of her words hit me, I had to desperately try to stop my purple eye from flaring to life. I had this unimaginable desire to hit something out of frustration... but not even that could quell my rage.

"From as young as I could remember, they would train me to be obedient." (Y/n) uneasily whispered. From the tone of her voice, I could tell that this topic really upset her... In fact, it almost seemed like she was struggling to remember some of the details to her story since it not only happened so long ago, but... some things for her were probably best forgotten.  "They taught me to be quiet, that silence was considered crucial... Of course, that is what the market demanded."

I nodded while trying to find something else to focus on. I could not allow my fury to slip in the slightest, otherwise dead bodies would start to line the street. 'I've finished playing with (F/n).'

'Ugh... You should probably go back to (F/n). If I am this pissed off by her past, I don't need your emotions amplifying anything.' I said to my opposite who merely scoffed towards my attitude. It didn't take long for me to figure out that he'd be sticking around for the rest of the night... As if he was too worried about (Y/n) to leave.

"My parents would hurt me until I learned to stop screaming. They wouldn't give in until all I knew was silence." She tried to hide her face into my black shirt as I readjusted my coat on her body in an effort to keep her warm. "Once I turned four, they started to show me off to several buyers... but I ran away."

"What did they do?" I carefully asked while once again moving my fingers through her hair, braiding some of it to keep myself as occupied as possible. If I wanted to hear the whole story, then I would have to remain calm... of course that was getting difficult with my sinister half laughing. Now the laugh that he was doing was void of all humor, it was a type of laugh that was both cold and insane. 

"They... caught me." (Y/n) mumbled. Thankfully I was so close to her, otherwise I never would of heard her speak. "I was disobedient. The people at the auction refused to buy me until I was more thoroughly trained."

'She will never suffer again... I will kill anyone that tries to hurt her.' The sinister monster started to speak these words over and over again, he was furious. Of course I couldn't blame him, but he was really starting to get out of control. My soul was turning black from his growing temper... this was quickly followed by my eye flashing a murderous purple. 'I will keep her safe, I will kill everyone.'

"They did too many things, Nightmare..." I could tell that she was almost done speaking since her speech was beginning to falter. Regret for all of the nightmares that were being spread by me was something that I could not feel at this moment. Instead, the only thing that consumed me was hatred. Hatred for this world and everything in it. Except for (Y/n) of course.

Then again, some of this probably was my fault. I was after all, the Guardian of Negativity. The pain that she felt, the people that scarred her in more ways than one... Yes, I understood that everyone was accountable for their own actions. However, even I couldn't escape from some of the blame. "This is... My fault. I exist and cause so much negativity in the world."