An unusual relationship.

(Sorry if this chapter is a little short, I was somewhat rushed to write it!)

The next day was rather cloudy, it almost looked as though it would rain. (Y/n) didn't seem to care as much about the weather in comparison to the three female bullies that shoved her down towards the pavement.

"Haha, Look, even when you hit her she doesn't talk! Not a word!" One of them said while laughing. It took awhile of looking down and avoiding eye contact for the bullies to eventually get bored and leave... but by then, she already had small cuts lining the palms of her hands. At least today wasn't as painful as yesterday.

Truthfully, the day wasn't even finished yet... but (Y/n) had enough and decided to skip the rest of the day.

Walking away from the school and towards the Tree, she began to feel unusual... As if something in the air seemed to change. There was almost an invisible weight in the atmosphere, telling her that something about today would be different- or maybe she simply felt the rain that was attempting to make a decision to fall.

Either way, everything became clear when her eyes fell upon a figure in purple clothing sitting at the base of the tree- at the side of negativity. Upon closer inspection, she noticed a golden crown that rested upon his head with a crescent outline on it... She immediately recognized him.

At first (Y/n) was somewhat hesitant to approach the Guardian, but upon remembering her 'friend's' words yesterday, she immediately came to the conclusion of what she had to do.

--- Nightmare's Pov ---

I was surprised to hear footsteps against the grass- of course I knew the steps to belong to (Y/n) since she was always so quiet in general. I turned to give her my attention... Though I think that she may have noticed my stressed out expression because of her sudden show of concern in her (E/c) eyes.

I waited for her to speak, to say absolutely anything! but... Alas, my desires were not met. She stayed as quiet as usual. Filling the void between us with an awkward silence.

Usually when someone wants something, they come to us- the Guardians to ask for it. Well, more specifically my brother. Some humans have asked me to... 'kill' someone for them, which was usually followed by me telling them to get lost. However, this girl never asked anything of me, not even once... I could remember listening intently for the request upon first seeing her, but she never asked for anything!

I was snapped out of my trans as she pulled a sketch book out of her bag along with a pencil, the action was soon followed by the sounds of scribbling from the led hitting the paper. And then, I was suddenly surprised when she flipped over the page of the book to reveal: "Are you alright?" beautifully written at the top.

I was surprised for her concern... but also admittedly frustrated. Was I that terrible? As the Guardian of Negativity, did she dislike me so much that she didn't want to talk? She must of noticed the look of unease that she drew out of me, because she quickly turned her sketchbook around to write something else while kneeling down to my level.

"Can I stay? Or would you like for me to leave? It was wrong for me to assume that I could just come here whenever i pleased without first receiving your permission." I read once she flipped the book back to me. Now I was astonished... She seemed to remember what her friend had said yesterday, and wanted to make things right by personally receiving my permission.

For once... I think that I felt genuinely acknowledged. 

"I don't mind." And with that said, I could feel all of the abuse from today washing away... It was amazing how one person, this girl, could make me feel better.