Negotiations.

(Well, we're successfully past 30 chapters. I am glad that I was able to keep writing so frequently like this. I was thinking about doing a few sketches (Nothing too detailed) for these pages, something small to give them a little more appeal? Maybe If I find a way to stop being lazy, I'll do it haha. Anyway, here is the next chapter!)

---(Y/n)'s Pov---

The slashes against the door were becoming much more brutal until it finally broke down. I was tempted to tell the intruder that Nightmare never locked it, but I was a selective mute... so...

Instead, I clutched the necklace that Nightmare gave me in fear, hoping that he'd come back in time to protect me.

Once the dust cleared from the attack, I couldn't believe my eyes when they landed upon Cross. We stared at each other for a few seconds before he decided to pull out a paintbrush from his coat. Strangely enough, I could see a child ghost that accompanied him as he walked towards me. "Huh. That was pretty easy."

Once the kid said that, my focus returned and I got off of the bed in an effort to sprint out of the room. Unfortunately, Cross wasn't interested in my struggle and instead grabbed me by the fluffy hood of my sweater. "I don't think so."

He twirled the paintbrush in his hand before using it on the floor. With a single brush stroke, a portal was opened... I knew that this was going to be bad. "Nightmare wasn't expecting this to happen. You caused this, '(Y/n)', this is your fault."

My... fault? "Nightmare was much more bareable until you came around. Apparently I'm not allowed to kill you. So whatever happens from here on out? I'll leave that up to Ink."

My eyes widened as he spoke about the artist. A feeling of anxiety rose up inside of my chest as he gave one strong yank against my hoodie in an effort to drag us both into the portal. I've been taken away... I didn't even leave my room this time! "Nightmare will probably give up on finding you soon enough. So don't even think about getting your hopes up."

Immediately after entering the portal, we both reappeared in a house that I remembered from two years ago. Ink brought me here for the first time after Nightmare's rampage back in our au...

Cross pushed my body into the familiar black leather couch before deciding to take a seat in a chair that wasn't much further away. I was pretty upset at him, so instead of trying to ask him some questions... I turned to face the human ghost that followed him.

*Why.* Their eyes widened in shock for a moment as Cross looked at them with interest.

"What did she say? Chara?" He asked, obviously not knowing sign language. Chara ignored him for a moment and instead made a move to reply to me through sign language too.

*Nightmare hurt us, so we are returning the favor. He is out of control.* At his response, I narrowed my eyes in minor irritation. I wanted to start crying, begging for them to take me back... but I couldn't find the time to express my pain. Not when I felt like Nightmare, who I loved very much, was going to be hurt through me. I was about to once again become a tool.

For the next hour, Chara was trying to make an effort to strike up conversation with me since he knew that I could see him. But I instead kept my back turned, and clutched my necklace tight. It was my only comfort... "Nightmare isn't coming. He doesn't even know where you are."

I blocked out what Cross said, I didn't want to cry. I spent all of this time and effort in front of Ink and his friends, pretending like I was emotionless. But now, after I had a taste of returning to the one that I love... I couldn't help but feel different.