Chapter 11

Athena

God, school was tiring. And it was only the beginning of it.

All day, from 8am to the warm hours of 3pm, I had been itching to scratch my buttcrack since our school uniform was too frumpy and tight for this kind of weather.

Our private school uniforms were just plain hot since we got this hideous maroon blazer and pencil skirt with a white polo plus an unnecessary black necktie paired with black knee socks. Man, do we look like those business antagonists in some horrible TV sitcom in offices.

I still can't believe other kids my age think our uniforms were cute. Personally, I find them absolutely horrible.

I put so much antiperspirant on my pits just to avoid stains. Aunt Lydia would not be happy if she finds two giant, yellow, circles around the pit area.

The sweet, melodious sound of the dismissing bell was just pure joy to my ears. I was ecstatic to leave as I packed up my books in my red backpack before one of our school's resident mean girls came up to me.

You've got to admit it. Every school has one of these snotty rich bitches around.

I don't remember what her name was but I had always had class with her. Maybe at some point, I knew her name but after I broke my neck, maybe I forgot?

My bad.

"You're Athena, right? The girl with the back brace?" She said, her voice all high and annoying. Even dogs would get mad just hearing it.

"It was a halo, actually," I said.

So she must be one of those people who came to gloat. Okay. Noted.

"Whatever. I just came to tell you that you look great today, sweetie. And your uniform still fits. I had thought you could've put on some weight after breaking up with Elliot."

This fucking bitch–

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, in that putrid, sweet tone I used before.

So after she tells me I look hot as fuck, she says that she thought I put on some weight and thought that my uniform wouldn't fit, she dares to speak about him? The asshole?

"I'm just saying. It was too bad you were the reason he quit school. But look at the bright side. You look good. No weird metal things around your head, no boyfriend, no status. And hey, aren't you on a scholarship? You must really need money from your friends a lot after what happened." She said.

This bitch's friends started to walk closer to her, surrounding her looking like her clones since they all had that smug look on their faces. They all look so spittable anyway.

I walked out and left them in the classroom. I didn't answer back. Let them fucking wonder. We were the only ones left anyway.

I briskly walked toward the bathroom. I needed a pick-me-up. I needed it after that wretched snake mentioned that motherfucker and the physical trauma I had before.

I walked into one of the empty cubicles of the restroom, locking it shut before putting up the toilet seat so I could sit on top of it, not letting my butt touch the surface. My chest was still tight.

I hastily opened up my bag and reached for my prescribed PTSD meds. I opened up the plain, white bottle it had been put in and gulped down a few. I stayed in the cubicle for a good few minutes to wait for that deep, drowning feeling to just, wash away. Thankfully, it did.

It was six months ago when I first went back to school after I got hurt. I went back after a week, not even going on leave or something to rest more because I might lose my scholarship if I don't keep up or maintain my grades.