Chapter 43: College?

Owen
Calix and Marley kissing was certainly not a sight I would've wanted to see today. It was gross and indecent and--

"Admit it, you're just jealous I stole Marley from you." Cal said smugly after bending down to literally suck the life out of the poor girl. Marley just snickered and rolled her eyes.

"We're just friends and you know that Cal. Also, Owen may have the looks of any girl's boy fantasies but he's certainly not my type. Definitely not my type." Marley said as we waited for her dad's truck to pull up in front of the school facade.

"So you're saying Owen's much more good looking than I am?" Cal asked, his brow furrowed.

"You? Competing against Owen's face? Ha. You've got to be kidding me. It's like comparing microwave lasagna to legit Italian pasta."

Cal frowned and hissed at me.

"What'd I do to you?" I asked as Calix crossed his arms over his chest and glared at me. Glaring was my thing, not his. His was acting like some nerdy medieval knight at the most unlikely of places.

"Why do you have to be so fucking gorgeous? With your flowy hair and your ughhhh. Even my girl finds you attractive!" He said as he pulled his unruly blond hair up and grunted. Marley just laughed. I rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry Cal. You'll always be doing homework with me from now on." Marley said as she pulled Calix down and kissed him again. I shuddered and shook my head. PDA's not exactly my thing.

"I don't care if you look like a younger, oilier Severus Snape but at least I can tolerate you." Marley said, smirking.

When Marley's dad arrived in his truck, the pair went in and left me there in front of the school's facade. I sat there in my chair as I pulled out my phone to ask whether Noah or Jace brought their car so I could at least save money from riding the bus too much.

I was already typing in a text when all of the sudden, some car honked its horn at me. Yes, I was pretty sure it was for me as the vehicle practically stopped in front. As much as I want to curse off whoever honked, I smiled as I looked up and saw that familiar car with the ever so familiar driver inside.

"Owen! Fancy seeing you here." Athena said as she pulled down her sunglasses and opened the passenger seat. I shook my head and chuckled.

"Seriously? Sunglasses in the snow?"

"What, like it's bad?" she said, smirking. I smiled and got in her car. She fixed my chair for me in the back and when she sat back in, she was smiling widely.

"You know, Cal could really use someone for him. Good thing that Latina succumbed to his weird medieval hobbies." she said as she started the car. I nodded.

"You mean Marley?"

She nodded.

"Yeah. You two ever dated? Asking for a friend." she asked nonchalantly. There was a hint of jealousy in her voice and I found it rather cute.

"Never. I don't see her that way. It would be so cliche if the two kids in wheelchairs dated, to he honest. I'd rather stick with you." I said, smiling back. As she drove to the bookstore, I noticed her cheeks flush and her eyes widen. She smiled.

"Thanks for the affirmation bro. I really appreciated it."

I frowned when she called me bro. You don't just call someone bro when you've been kissing all Christmas break. Plus, we slept together.

"Hey, what's with the face? Did I say something?" she asked.

"Bro." I said, puffing my cheeks as I crossed my arms. Athena let out a banshee-like laugh and looked at me like I was this lost kid at the mall.