Chapter 18

Athena

It had been a week after I crashed Owen's place and I still haven't thought of what to ask him after he's done his part of the deal. It just felt like something I should think hard on, like college applications or stuff like that.

I was over at Tim's place, which was something I would describe as a literal mansion. His family was rich rich, so his things were obviously pretty neat. I had been laying across his soft, plush green,full-sized bed as Viv painted my nails a murky shade of almost the same shade of green. It was the weekend after all and we had just been absolutely tired and exhausted from all the shit going on in school.

I needed a break.

Tim walked back and forth from his closet to where Viv and I were, and as he saw my green-painted hand, his eyes immediately widened the size of tennis balls.

"I don't care if I that stereotypical gay best friend who knows feminine things but damn, are you sure you want that shade of green on your nails?" he said, looking a bit disgusted as he stared at my hand.

I stared at it too and didn't see anything wrong. I just shrugged it off as Viv continued to paint my nails, smiling a bit to herself as she flipped her braids back.

"It's not even that bad," I said.

"And it just nail polish." Viv followed, before giving Tim a smiling look.

Tim shuddered and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I know. But does it really have to be green? There are literally tons of colors of nail polish you two could get if you wanted the same color. Why the hell did you pick that swampy, algae shit?" he asked, still in disbelief.

I rolled my eyes and Viv just shook her head, laughing a bit.

"Red is overrated. I don't have any nude, pink, or pastel polishes, and neither does Athena. Green's a bit nice too, right?" Viv said innocently, looking hopeful as she turned to a sour-faced Tim.

"Yeah, for someone who doesn't have an olive undertone," Tim said loudly which was obviously directed at me. The polish looked good on Viv, but they looked a bit weird on me. Even so, I couldn't help but snort and shove my drying, green, nails towards Tim who eyed them with disgust.

"I couldn't care less." I said, laughing my ass off as Viv finished off my nails.

Tim and Viv later engaged in a conversation that basically revolves around Tim going to the drug store to get us both nail polishes that weren't a murky, swampy algae green.

I had joined in a bit too for a while, but that was before my phone chimed.

I had received a text from Owen.

Owen fucking Watson.

This was interesting. He almost never texts me first.