Chapter 14

Athena

"Don't you dare forget to return my pink highlighter after you're done. And my stamp set. Okay?"

Viv rolled her eyes and sighed. We were in the parking lot now with Tim, who was busy chatting with his boyfriend on his phone.

"Yes, yes, of course. Since when didn't I return what I borrowed?" She asked as she shoved her borrowed things into her own purple backpack as we walked.

"Since you always let Tim borrow them from you. It's like an endless domino effect. Except every time it always ends with Tim losing it." I said.

Tim looked at me and shut his phone off.

"Fine. I promise I won't borrow what Viv borrowed from you. Happy?" Tim asked as we stopped right in front of his car.

"Definitely. See you tomorrow?"

"You ask that as if we never went to the same school for more than five years. No one's dying, Thena. Later!" Tim said as he went in his car, started it up, and waved goodbye.

It wasn't too soon before Viv got a call from her driver and she had to go too.

"Thenie, I am so sorry but my parents had something come up and–"

"Nah, it's fine. Run. Scoot. I'll be fine." I told her with a smile.

Her parents were always so strict with her. Tim, Calix, and I were used to it by now.

Viv didn't look too pleased to leave all of the sudden, but she seemed content and just had to go with it.

"Okay. See you tomorrow!" Viv said with a wave before she jogged towards her family car and met up with her driver.

I love my friends. I love Tim. I love Calix. I love Vivien.

Thenie had always been Viv's nickname for me because she thinks 'Athena' was a mouthful. I didn't mind it that much since I did find it kinda unique and adorable. Tim occasionally calls me Thena, and that was also what Elliot used to call me sometimes.

I sighed and started to walk towards the bus stop. It was my aunt's turn to use our car today.

It was a bit quick, though. I was dropped off at the nearest bus stop and had to walk home. The afternoon breeze was warm against my skin, sending my weird hair flying around my face, I just had to tie it back into a ponytail so no strands get into my mouth.

Blonde hair was uncommon for Greeks. Usually, Greeks have dark hair but I come from a family of blondes who live in a certain area where people can have light hair. As time passed by, I think the lightness of my hair was fading. Some chunks were still blonde but some were starting to turn light brown. I observed a sliver of hair from my low ponytail as I walked.

Should I dye my hair?

I later passed by the line of shops along Delta's and looked through their displays. One shop had a clothing sale and another was offering a promo on pens and paper. Maybe I could pick something up tomorrow.

I kept staring at the window displays of the shops and stores along this part of the street before something, or someone caught my eye.

I wasn't even sure it was him but as I walked slower once I was actually in front of the store, I was sure as hell it was Owen fucking Watson.

He had his dark, wavy hair falling over his eyes, and from this angle outside, his jawline was so defined it could cut a watermelon in half or something. And he was studying.