Chapter 37: After

Athena
My heart felt full and my lips were satisfied.

Owen kissed me.

He kissed me.

He really did it.

I was pleasantly surprised that he actually did since I had the sudden desire to kiss him there after I gave him a small 'friendly' peck on the cheek.

"Athena?" Owen said shyly, looking away from me breaking away from the kiss.

"Y-yeah?"

"Uhm, could you uhm, like, help me up?" he asked reluctantly, his face a bright red even under the blue lighting. It was then that I remembered we were still both on the floor under the beautiful fake stars surrounded by real rich people, his wheelchair a bit far from his reach.

It was also then that I remembered he was still on top of me.

Holy lord.

"Oh shit, okay. Wait." I said, carefully bringing him to a sitting position before placing him back on his chair.

"Thanks." he muttered, still red as period blood before wheeling away from the crowd who watched us, uhm,

kiss.

I can't help but remember the way how his gorgeous icy, blue eyes stared into mine before it happened, almost like they're part of the fake Starry Night above us, his icy blue mixing with the universal blue of our surroundings. I smiled at the memory.

Goddamn, why does he have to be so beautiful? If he was a girl, he'd even be prettier than me! I look like a potato.

Realizing I still was in the middle of the crowd of couples slow dancing, I made my way out to follow Owen and once I spotted the familiar spot of dark, wavy hair turned back from me, I knew it was him.

I tapped his shoulder, still smiling widely from the previous events, my jaw started to ache. Owen turned and bit his lip in attempt to conceal a smile.

Oh god, he's so fucking adorable I literally cannot.

"Athena," he greeted, looking up at me like I was the star he longed to spot in a sky full of them.

"Hey there," I said back, lightly punching his arm shyly. I feel so girly now oh my god who am I?

"Wanna head out before security catches us for???" he intentionally cut off, smiling shyly at me. I giggled like the Victorian lady  am (certainly not).

"Let's." I said as we strolled out of the gallery and into the cold pavement silently. I shivered as the winter closed in on us. It was really cold tonight, I hugged my arms.

Owen halted as we stopped in front of the large building we just went out of and turned behind to get his coat from his usual Jansport bag that I just noticed he brought even on such fancy occasion. I snickered.

"Really? What happened to fancy and formal blah blah blah?" I asked, my teeth chattering as I spoke. Why the hell did I forget to bring a coat or some warmer clothes to change into?

"Old habits die hard Athena." he said, unfolding a dark brown coat from his bag and raising it up.

"Here. Wear this. I can hear your teeth chatter from here." Owen said, his eyes focused on mine intently, just waiting for me to go and grab his coat.  Since I wouldn't want Aunt Lydia to receive a call regarding a frozen niece, I hastily took the coat and felt immediate warmth.

"Oohhh, that's it. That's the spot. Yeah, thanks. For the-- uh, coat. And the--"

"Kiss?" he said smirking as he started to wheel away and go wherever into the night under the yellowish dim of the streetlamps around. I felt my cheeks heat up at the mention of the kiss and just followed him, walking side by side.