Special Chapter #2

(Halloween, Senior Year)

Owen
"Athena, I love you but there is no fucking way I'll go as Thomas the Tank Engine so you could play conductor." I said as Athena cornered me in her room, laying out ideas for Halloween costumes.

"Owen! It'll be fun! C'mon, don't you remember what it felt like as kids when some creepy adult gives you so much candy for having an obviously awesome costume?" Athena said as she crossed her arms and shot me a look of disapproval.

I sighed and shook my head.

"No, I don't remember what it was like since I never went trick-or-treating. Athena, this is just for some party at Calix's, can't we just wear whatever?"

Athena widened her eyes and pointed a finger at me. I backed away until the handles of my chair bumped against the wall and I couldn't get out since Athena wae looking at me disbelievingly.

"What the hell Owen? Seriously, YOU'VE NEVER GONE TRICK-OR-TREATING?" She said with in higher volume I just had to shut my ears for a while.

"I can't believe this." Athena exclaimed as she slumped against her bed on top of the many Halloween clothes she got out of her closet.

"What?"

She sat up on her bed and waved her hands around like she was implying the obvious. I shot her a confused look and copied her. She groaned and slumped back again before sitting back up.

"Why'd you never gone out trick-or-treating? Candy gives you the heebie jeebies?" she asked.

I sighed and wheeled toward her, leaning in toward her bed where she was.

"When you wore braces as a kid, you'd know." I said, rolling my eyes remembering how horrible it was to have those damned things on my teeth longer than three of my siblings.

Athena snickered and looked at me funnily.

"Wait, you had braces?" she asked as she shook her head, trying not to laugh. I shuddered more at the memory of even letting Mum take me to the orthodontist. I'm having war flashbacks thinking about it.

"Not all people are blessed with your naturally straight teeth love. Candy just sucks when you have those things on."

Athena sighed and played with my hair, something she does lately to be all so adorable.

"Naturally straight teeth do rock." she said as she smiled hugely enough to show her teeth. I laughed.

"Fine, you're perfect in every way but couldn't I just wear something I normally wear?" I asked desperately as I scanned her mess of a bed with all sorts of costumes she had.

Athena groaned.

"No, you cannot."

"But why can't we just wear whatever?" I asked.

Athena glared at me in attempt to copy me whenever I get annoyed and man was it scary.

"Because we're dating. People who are together wear couple costumes on Halloween." she said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I sighed and slumped back in my chair.

There was no way getting out of this, isn't there?

"Fine, do whatever but I tell you, no Thomas the Tank Engines or R2D2 or any of those shit. Just don't---" I cut off.

Athena sat up and looked at me intently.

"Don't what?" she asked.

I sighed and just glared at her. She deserves one by the way.