Chapter 45: Plans

Owen
Over the summer, Athena and I got really close. It was now nearing the Fourth of July and her Aunt invited me and my family over to celebrate it over some barbeque at the park.

"You know what would really be cool to do at the Fourth? Swimming." Athena said as she laid lopsided on my bed, watching me read from afar. I gave her a slight smile and put down my book.

"I can't swim." I said bluntly.

Athena frowned and sat up, swinging her legs over my bed.

"Oh right, I forgot. But won't the mere fact that I'll be wearing a hot swimsuit make up for it?" Athena said as she bit her lip and attempted to look sexy. I laughed and wheeled over to Athena and just transferred from my chair towards the bed and sat beside her, kissing her quickly on the cheek. She giggled. The sound of her laugh sure is music to my ears.

"I could see it as a possibility." I replied, feeling my mouth curve upward a bit.

Athena playfully punched my arm and I bet you, it was strong. My arm ached a bit but I didn't want her to think I'd been hurt. She'd laugh and make fun of me for having the resistance of a seven year old.

"Perv. Does your mother know about this?"

I threw Eragon at her and she playfully hit me back with a pillow, laughing.

"Mum does not need to know. I really am not a pervert love. I just enjoy having you around that much."

Athena rolled her eyes and looked at me with a fun expression on her face.

"If you enjoy spending time with me, why don't you wanna go swimming on the Fourth? It'll be fun!" she said as she held my arm and shook it, her lips pouting.

"I can't swim Athena. How in the world can I even move outside this chair?" I emphasized. As much as I want Athena happy, I also need to keep in mind my limits.

I'll make her happy. But in my own way.

"Then don't! Just, sit around the sides or hang by a pool noodle, I don't care. I just want you to enjoy yourself! We're young, free-- and maybe even sexy-"

"ATHENA." I said, feeling my face heat up. She smirked and shook her head as she looked at me straight in the eye.

"Just stating the facts! Well yeah, just because you can't do something doesn't mean you're limited to do stuff. Think about it!"

It sure did made me think a bit. Whatever she said, Athena did have a point.

Before, I mainly kept my thoughts to myself. After Athena, she watered my thoughts and made whatever I was thinking, a reality. She nurtured me and kept pushing me to do more.

Well, maybe now I'll do more. Not for myself though, for Athena.

No matter how embarrassing it may be.

I shook my head and grunted.

"Fine. But will your Aunt be okay with it? She did already plan the barbeque and all."

Athena waved a hand and brushed off the thought.

"We can still have great food and swim at the same time Owen. We just need a change of location."

A mischievous smile crept up her face and it was the smile that I was mostly terrified of. She has plans, that girl.

Athena stood and paced over my room, opening up her phone and attempted to make a call.

"Pick up hoe. I know you're there," she muttered until her face beamed when the person she called answered. I was not informed of the identity of whom. I just stared at her.