Chapter 29

Athena

"You really sure are talented. You just made things from alright to depressing to comforting. Good job." Owen said as we awkwardly released each other from hugging. It was getting a bit weird and I didn't want it to get even weirder. I bet he felt the same too.

After Owen finished up his hatred for mankind and I was pretty much done with my chest doing flips, we went back to talking about normal stuff. It was just your average conversation between two friends. I was still cooped up by Owen's chest, his arm slung over my shoulder. I was starting to love sniffing his apple and detergent scent just because it was so damn nice.

"Do you play any sport?" Owen asked as we both stared into the sky. I wiggled in his arms and shook my head.

"Kinda? Before I got hurt, I was into track but now, I just jog a lot. But I did do some karate when I was a kid. You?" I asked.

Hold up.

Was it okay to ask him that?

It was too late before I realized that I asked a disabled person if he does sports or anything and I wanted to take it all back. And beg for his forgiveness. And get down on my knees and convince him to be friends again, giving him my dog.

Before I even had the chance to tell him otherwise, I was surprised Owen smiled a bit and shook his head.

"Currently, I'm not sure how to answer that, but before the accident, I played baseball. I was quite the pitcher, actually," he admitted.

I was surprised. Really. Maybe that explains the battered-up baseball mitt in his room. It must've been his as a kid.

"Really?" I said as I raised an eyebrow. Owen gave me a funny look and scoffed.

"Of course. Where else do you think my arms got so toned?" He asked smugly as he tried to flex his biceps in his free arm. I admit, it was toned but still, seeing Owen all playful was really a refreshing sight to see. This side of him's starting to grow on me. I like this.

I gently nudged him with my body and laughed out loud. He was unbelievable.

"Now don't get all cocky again, Walmart Timothee Chalamet. I'm still getting used to it." I said laughingly as I turned away from him for a brief sec to pick up some tiny flowers from the grass.

After I picked up a few, I then turned back to Owen and placed one flower behind his ear. Owen smiled subtly and just chuckled a bit.

He fucking chuckled.

Before, he laughs but like, in a sarcastic way. Now, it was genuine. Owen fucking Watson, the ice prince who lives a few blocks away from me, laughed a bit.

Now that was unheard of.

I think I deserve an award for this. A song to remember this event. A statue of me successfully melting whatever glacier Owen had been living in.

"Do I look pretty enough for you now?" Owen asked playfully as he raised his head and repositioned the small, thin flower on his ear. I laughed and shook my head.

"Pass. You look weird." I said as I held my stomach from laughing too much at how awkward Owen looked with flowers. I took out my phone and immediately took a photo of him and saved them in a new album.

This new Owen is so goddamn adorable, I don't know how Marley or any other person who knew him was able to resist this version of him. All of the sudden, he just seemed so— attractive.

"Okay. Uhm, tell me your best childhood memory. Just one." I said, remembering we still have a lot to talk about.

He paused for a while as he scrunched his nose up once the wind blew slightly harder and the pollen from nearby flowers started to circulate around us.