Epilogue

(one year later)

Athena
"Yes Aunt Lydia, we'll be okay, I promise. What? Auntie, you know we'll never do that. We're college freshmen! Yeah yeah, okay. Love you too. Say hi to Maxie for me, okay? Bye." I ended the call to home and turned around to see the dorm I'll be staying in for the next few years of my life.

I opened the door carrying another one of my boxes and laid eyes on my roommate putting up books in his small bookshelf. I smiled.

"You do know you won't have enough time to read those once the semester starts right?" I asked him as I put down my box and started opening it with a cutter. He laughed and nodded his head, continuing his sorting process by genre.

"I'll find time love. You don't have to replace Mum while we're here."

I sat on his side of the bed in front of a two layer shelf he was busy organizing. Owen was sitting on his chair with a tower of books on his lap.

"Seriously, you brought Harry Potter?"

He turned to look at me with his gorgeous icy, blue eyes which I guess weren't as cold as they were. They were happy now.

"I love this series! Don't judge or I'll question your obsession with RuPaul's Drag Race."

I laughed as I held my stomach and before I knew it, Owen put down the books from his lap and wheeled in closer to me, his hands on his knees, looking amused.

"I love that show. Why can't you accept that Trixie Mattel is queen?" I asked.

He shook his head and smiled.

"I just don't get it love. Sorry." He said turning back to his books. By now, he was almost done arranging them. I just watched my gorgeous boyfriend do whatever and took another picture. This would be perfect for my album full of Owen's faces.

"You know, I couldn't easily chosen Harvard over Princeton." I blurted out as I laid back on his new bed in our dorm and sprawled my arms over. The space was a bit tiny but it was okay.

"Why didn't you go to Harvard?" he asked, wheeling over to my right, leaning over me.

I sighed and sat up.

"Harvard didn't offer a Bachelor in Owen Sciences. If it did, I would've considered." I said, pulling in for a kiss. He luckily succumbed and smiled as we did.

"Easy for you to say when you got into five Ivies. I got into two." he puffed.

I rolled my eyes and looked at him.

"Look at the bright side. At least we get to be roommates now, aren't we?" I said as I stood up to go sit in his lap, letting his arms wrap around my waist. He smiled.

"Princeton sure is nice. More so with you around love."

We both stared at each other like it was the end of the world and just laughed it off after the sudden realization that we did nothing but stare.

"You're weird." he said.

"But you like my weird." I replied, booping his nose.

"You do know me Athena. I love you for that."

I smiled widely at his simple I-love-you and punched him lightly on his arm.

"I love me too."

He laughed and the sound of it was just pure bliss. I'm one lucky gal.

"I love you I love you I love you." he said continuously as he laid his head on my shoulder and squeezed me tightly until I can't breathe. His hair was as fluffy as ever and it tickled my nostrils.

"I love me three times as well too Owen. Is it me or am I just so damn hot."

His laugh filled our small shared room and the corners of his eyes crinkled. I found it rather adorable, really.

"Yes Athena. You are hot. You are gorgeous. You are beautiful and there is nothing I would want in a girlfriend that you don't have. You enchant me." he said straight away. I was flattered and felt my face heat up a bit. I guess the spark hasn't died down after a year.

"Cat got your tongue love? Let me help with that." he said with a small chuckle.

"Do whatever voodoo you have in mind Owen. I can do things on my own, thank you." I said, standing up from his lap and went straight to work on unboxing the last of my things.

He frowned and pushed his chair up to me.

"Is it too much too ask for a simple I-love-you back?" he asked with a fake pout. Something he's been doing to get my attention.

I shook my head and put a hand on my hip.

"Fine. I love you too Owen." I said as I bent toward him and planted a kiss on his forehead. He smiled.

"I like it whenever you do that. I should be the one kissing you on the forehead but I can't do much sitting." He said as he shook his head and turned.

I held the handles of his chair and forcibly made him turn back to me.

"Owen, we talked about this. I don't care if you can't do normal boyfriend stuff with me. You literally made me handwritten notes and wrote me poems everyday during senior year! I liked that more than forehead kisses."

He smiled and nodded, some pieces of his hair up front going in the way of his eyes again.

"Okay then. Seems like my reading paid off right." he said as he continued to turn yet again to his side of the room and fix up his things. We were almost done with our move-in and our first day of college was about to begin in a week. I was ecstatic.

Owen's doing Biochemistry for school and I had Psychology and luckily, we will share a few classes together which is nice.

Everything still feels like a dream.

I've got into a nice school, I have good friends, a cute dog at home too. More importantly, I have him and that made everything worth it.