Chapter 38: Storm

Owen
I must be crazy.

Really crazy.

It's been three weeks since I impulsively asked Athena out and uhm, made out and I don't know what the hell I was thinking.

Three weeks.

Three weeks of confusing things that is.

I must be out of my mind. Over our shared study sessions at the book store, things have just been weird for me and Athena being all clingy and touchy was just, unusual.

I was unsure whether I enjoyed it or not though.

Wait, did I?

Fuck Owen, think straight for once! It's Athena. She's gorgeous, smart, funny, witty, hot--

Holy shit.

Ugh, why does everything have to be so complicated?

I shook my head and pulled back my annoyingly fuzzy hair that still fell over my eyes and stared out my window, holding my copy of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I haven't picked up this book for a while now and just thought to reread it after remembering Athena's birthday party as a kid. I smiled at the memory of us just telling each other about ourselves as we lay on some dewy grass in my family's backyard. I felt that same warmth again exploding around my chest.

It was the start of our Christmas break and it was snowing like hell outside. Of course, being the coach potato that I am, I stayed indoors, reading any book to my liking.

I read for hours and hours in my room and once I felt like my eyes were really close to shutting down, I picked up my phone and found that Athena sent me about a thousand texts today.

And it was just about 5pm in the afternoon.

I smiled as I read through them.

Hey Owen! You awake? Hope you have a wonderful day today! Don't read too much. Your eyesight's gonna worsen. Don't u wear contacts tho? Thank God you wear the clear ones.

Alright, you're reading again. I know, you love them biblichor scents better than fruits. Text me later?

Oweeeeeen, I'm hungryyyyy

Hey it's lunchtime, wanna grab some food at Delta's?

Are you seriously still reading? My gosh, I have a crush on a guy who values something more than food. Dude, food makes the world go round.

I felt my chest explode at the last text.

Crush.

I wheeled over to my bed and laid down with my phone in hand. Harry Potter winning the Triwizard tournament can wait. I read the whole series back when I was eleven. Potter always wins.

I read the rest of the texts hastily, my inner middle schooler coming out.

Hope u rot in hell for making me eat alone. With a dog.

You're banned from Delta's btw. I told Delta about you ignoring my texts for a book and made her sign a contract agreeing that you indeed, need to treat me to that date you've mentioned before so u can come back in.

Owen.

OWEN.

OWEEEEEEN.

Heyyyy, u know I was just joking right?

Right?

Gosh Owen, please text me or else I have no choice but to think that you're a sissy twelve year old who still believes in Santa Claus for believing I got u banned from the best eating establishment in the world.