Chapter 29: Realization

Athena
GUYS SEND HELP. PLEASE TELL ME I'M OUT OF MY MIND. ARE YOU BOTH FREE TODAY? LIKE, ASAP?

I quickly typed in my group chat with Viv and Tim, absolutely frantic after an awkward run home without Owen.

I ran so fast in my school uniform I didn't even take more than 10 minutes getting home. As soon as I saw Aunt Lydia's house, I exasperately  got in without minding Maxie and crashed quickly into my bedroom. I felt the heat of my body rise up and my breaths were unsteady.

I did NOT just do that.

I checked my phone again and went back to pur group chat and found that Tim and Viv responded. I let my eyes scan their texts quickly and still, it didn't help relieve how stressed I am over this.

Tim: Honey, did u just do something stupid because THAT calls for an intervention. U home? Im coming

Viv: Thenie, it's okay. TELL US. We could be of help:-) also, im gonna go over there with Tim to this so called "intervention"

I rolled my eyes and quickly typed in a reply.

Me: JUST COME OVER DAMNIT.

Tim: FINE FINE. WE'RE ON OUR WAY.

I threw my phone to the side of my bed and just laid down staring at my Starry Night ceiling.

This is the worse.

Of all the times I could've said something decent, I told Owen something so important yet I don't have a clue whether he understood or not.

Wait, do I even want him to know or do I not want him to know?

Shit.

This is so weird.

I don't even know what to say and I'm just talking to myself.

I know for a fact that I'm not delusional since unlike Sokka from ATLA, I didn't drink cactus juice BUT unlike Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory, my parents never got me checked for schizophrenia or any other underlying mental illness aside from PTSD.

I groaned in bed as I picked up a pillow and kept hitting myself on the head with it.

I'm so screwed.

And we had just fixed things even!

This timing's the absolute worst.

Not long after my session of crippling self-hate, the doorbell rang and I forcibly went out of my room to get the door.

Unsurprisingly, as I answered it, Tim and Viv were there and they even had Delta's milkshakes to go.

I smiled at them and sighed.

"You didn't have to bring milkshakes." I said.

Tim shrugged and made his way into the house, strutting toward my room. It had not been long since both came for a visit and this was certainly not the first time they've come over.

I turned to look at Viv who was left at the door. She sighed and shook her head, acknowledging Tim's audacity to say nothing and head directly to my room.

"Pardon Tim. He kept telling me this probably involved a certain boy and he was totally psyched to call you out."  she said innocently.

I scoffed and laid a hand on my hip as I shifted my weight toward the doorframe.

"Cancel culture got him too? It's Tim. Of course his Fabulousness can go inside my house without my consent." I said laughingly.

A few moments after, I heard some crunching of paper bags up in my room and I knew exactly what was happening in there.