Hospital romance Pt. 7. |L.H.|

"It's my mom, sorry but I have to take this." I awkwardly say while getting dressed again.
He nods but the way he does makes me believe his mind was else where.
I pick up the phone to hear my mom's voice sounding... weird?
"Y/N, when are you coming home again? There is some news, me and your dad have to tell you." She says but her tone is distant. My mom has been stressed out with work the last couple of months but this seemed different.

"Do you want me home now?" I ask, kinda hoping she would say yes to give me time to think about what just happened with Luke. "I think that would be best honey." Honey? She only calls me that when something is wrong... "Okay, I'll be home soon mom. Love you." I said before ending the call and turning to Luke.

"I don't even get the awkward night stay." He jokes with a weak smile. You can tell he is trying to play it smooth but his tone shows something different. He knows that what just happened won't have easy consequenses.
"Sorry, I would stay but my mom needs me at home. I'll come back later or tomorrow. I promise." I say with a smile.

"Sounds good." He answers while laying back down and staring out of his window.
"Feels good." I joked with a smirk before walking out
"So good." He softly mumbled while I closed the door.

I walk into my house and hang up my jacket and bag while slipping off my shoes when my brother comes down from his room.
"You smell of hospital and- and oh my god did yo have sex!?" he asks a little too loud.
"Oh god, shut it, and so what if I did at least I'm getting some, unlike you." I answer while laughing.
He just mimicks what I said and walks into the livingroom. I giggle and follow him. Walking in here feels weird, you can see this isn't a meeting about what you want for dinner, it is big.

"Please take a seat." My dad speaks, turning off the TV. We all sit down on the sofa when my mom speaks up.
"I'm moving out soon. " She says, making my brother and I look up. "Cool, when are we?" My brother asks happily. Mom slowly shakes her head. "No Y/B/N, I am, I've got a promotion to run the sister company in LA." My brother frowns. "W-what does that mean for us?" I ask, trying to figure out how I feel. "Your dad doesn't wanna move to LA or the Land of Assholes as he calls it, so he will be staying here but you and your brother are both old enough to decide if you wanna stay with your dad or move in with me." The room went silent until my brother spoke up. "So, what does that mean for your marriage?" Our parents look at eachother briefly and sigh. "We are getting a divorce." My dad answers before getting up and leaving the room. For the first time ever, the house feels weird. "I-I need some time to think." I stutter while standing up. "That is okay darling, I don't know when I'll be going yet but I do know it is happening." Mom answers with a fake smile. I run up to the bathroom, instantly getting into the shower hoping the water will wash my thoughts away. The thoughts about Luke and my family, I just want my head to be empty, even for a second.

Valntyne5S0S