Hospital romance Pt. 8. |L.H.|

Luke pov
"Keep the wound dry and clean." The doctor says while I am packing my stuff.
"Okay, uhm am I safe to fly?" I ask looking up at his face. "Yes, I can't see why not." he looks at the nurse and she nods. "Vitals are fine." she says while putting the clipboard back on the bed. "Good, anything else Mr Hemmings?" I shake my head. "Okay then all that rests me to say is have a good flight." he says as he leaves the room with the nurse.

I got out of bed to change back into my normal clothes, put my things away into a small bag and left. I need to get away from here before I fall more in love with Y/N... Wait, I'm not in love! Am I? No I can't be I have Sierra. As much as I wanted my thoughts to stop they didn't during the entire flight back home.

Y/N POV

By the time I got out of the shower I realised that I've fallen in love with him. I know it's stupid but everything he does has me whipped and I enjoy it. I know he has a girlfriend but I need to tell him, I can't live with the fact I never did. Great that makes me sound like Rachael but atleast I'm not going to stop his wedding. I lightly smile to myself at how stupid this is, like he's a taken man, but what if he feels the same way and wants to be with me? I'm totally having a devil / angel moment right now. I shake my head to get rid of the thoughts and decide I'm going to tell him. I quickly get dressed and run down to put on my shoes and jacket and run out the door.

I take the lift to his floor and walk to his room only to see its empty. "Hello, excuse me do you know where Luke Hemmings is?" I ask the nurses coming around the corner. "He's gone." w-what ? My heartrate speeds up "H-he was okay when I left h-how? W-what?" I could feel the tears building up. "I'm so sorry, I mean he left about thirty minutes ago, he got discharged." I let out a sigh. "Did he wait outside for me or leave a note?" she shakes her head "He got into a taxi and left headed for the airport I assume to go home." At that moment I felt it, I felt my heart break into thousands of little pieces. "Oh okay thanks." I mumble while turning on my heels and walking out the door. I take my phone out of my pocket and check the next flight to LAX to see if I can catch him before he leaves but the next flight out is leaving now.

When I got back home I just curled up in my bed and sobbed. "H-he left no n-note, no goodbye... n-nothing I-it's as if the past days d-didnt even matter to him." I sobbed into my pillow.

I don't know how long it was until my phone buzzed and I quickly pick it up to see if it was from Luke. Well it was from Luke but it was just a notification saying he posted to his instagram story. I open it only to instantly regret it. It was a photo of him and Sierra hugging at the airport with the caption "I missed you so much love, in this time away I realised that I never wanna spend time without you 💕"

I throw my phone at the floor and scream. I was nothing to him. He never cared I was there to fill the whole Sierra created by not being with him.