Thin white lies |A.I.| 2

It's been a month since the fire and I'm now standing in a creepy looking waiting room in a weird part of Australia, about to get a key to my new flat. I decided to Throw my life round. Ive been mourning for a month but that's enough, I Need to get my life back on track. I got myself a one way ticket to Australia, got my suitcase with five outfits and left America for good. There's nobody left for me, my mom and dad were only kids meaning we have a small family. My grandparents passed when I was very young wich leaves me alone. All alone. I look around the small crappy lobby and sigh. The paint is falling from the ceiling and the wallpaper needs a new layer of glue. Old pictures are hung on the walls in weird orders and Some even upside down. What kind of owners live here... If this was my place I would make sure it looked perfect for my guests but I guess that's not what they think is important. Anyway, it's something, I don't Need big and fancy, as long as I have a roof over my head I'm happy.

"We don't have a Y/N on our list." the guy at the desk suddenly speaks making me look up confused.
"What do you mean, you don't have my name on the list!" I started my complaint as the guy behind me pushed me aside. Looks like I've traveled half way across the world just to be broke and homeless. Love fucking life. I walk outside and sigh, now what?

I decide to look for a place where they serve coffee, it's always calmed me down, something I need right now. I put in my headphones and decide to play Youngblood the album by 5sos as I walk the streets. After 5 minutes of walking I come across a small café, as I walk in I'm greeted by cats making me smile. It's probably a cat Cafe. I walked up to the counter to get my coffee and then I found a seat next to the window with a cute white kitten on the windowsill, I pulled out my laptop to start looking at temporary places. I need a place, asap.
"Want a refill darling." The waitress spoke holding a coffee cup. "Please, and you don't happen to know of places to rent do you?" She shook her head, making me sigh. Great...

"I'm sorry but are you looking for a place? My roommate just left." I turn to look at who spoke only to see Lauren, the blond beauty herself, standing in front of me.
"Woah, that'd be great." I answer and with that she took a seat opposite me. "Are you free to do a little interview now?" she laughs as she kinda just assumed I was. "Yeah now is good." I truthfully spoke because honestly, what else was I supposed to do? I don't know anyone here.

As the interview went on I learned that she lives close to the college and her place seems big by the photos she showed me. For the first time today something was going great, the place was perfect and we were deep in conversation, it's like we have known eachother for years. That is untill she asked me that one question. "Oh have you heard of 5sos?" that's when I froze.