Chapter Twelve

The hunt was today but surprisingly when I woke up, I wasn't in my room. I was in... A forest?

I searched around hoping to see anything special before I sighted a few of the teachers who were among the prey of the game. I also noticed a bangle on my hand on my wrist with a code number 309 written on it.

"Good morning everyone, welcome to the hunt." Lust voice came from speakers as I saw how some teachers panicked.

"We're the prey, they're gonna kill us." One of the teachers chanted as he rocked himself in fear.

"The numbers in your hands are the codes for all the predators that gives you points. If you successful steal their tag then you earn fifty points and become a predator to a new prey. This game has no rules because it is a survival of the fittest, you can get the tag from your predator or prey by all means necessary. This game is a two hours chase so you'll be given a minute head start." Lust informed us and then we heard the speakers sign out.

I took my environment in slowly before I started running watching as most teachers had given me gap. All I needed was a strategy because I had no idea who my target was and it would be risky to assume I could take him on imagining it was someone like Monster.

It hadn't been long we heard the sound of a horn and I sensed a crowd of people coming towards my direction and it wasn't good.

I climbed up a tree with thick leaves fast as I hid in the branches before I took a thick one and broke it off from the tree while I remained quiet and watched the predators run.

It observed how some of the predators fought each other because they had the same target and wouldn't like to work together to share the catch.

I was thrown off when an object missed me but made me to fall down the ground before I sat up and rubbed my forehead with a groan.

"Damn bastard." I said before I saw a student approaching me like he was ready to kill me.

He then grabbed me by the collar and then lifted me to the tree, hitting my back in the process and bruising me slightly.

"Your the main target, I guess I'm having a higher rank." He said before he licked his lips and tried to reach for my tag.

I don't know how but I gripped his hands and hit his guts hard before I kicked him to the floor. It was a sort of conditioned action since I was trained for this.

I coughed as I rubbed my neck before I picked up the stick and walked away. I pulled out the tag in my pocket and then I saw how my tag looked like. It had a red background with a skeleton x on it before I cursed and placed it back into my pocket.

So the card Gracie had picked was for the hunt and luck was on her side. The more people that was caught, the more we lost points.

I ran to where I could be far from the danger but unfortunately, there were places I couldn't step in because it would trip an alarm and have a large amount of predators hunt me down. I was more than prey, I was the main course.

"Fucking Hades played me!" I cursed as I walked the directions that the signs were leading me.

I kept on walking till I started noises like cheering and jubilating. I slowly moved forward where I saw something like an arena.

It was like how a football game was arranged except with four aisles making me shiver. I was about to sneak away when my back hit a solid chest. I checked out who it was and then I was met with a very large security guard.

"Your the main target. I'm afraid you can't leave the arena without a fight." He said coldly as he moved forward while I stepped backward.

"I'm not planning on getting slaughtered for my job." I responded before I used the stick to try to hit him.

He grabbed the stick with ease before he dragged me into his chest, turned me to my back and then handcuffed my hands. One of the peeves of being an average height.

"Are you also playing?" I asked but he shook his head while he forced me to go into that bloody arena.

He pushed me into the center as a lot of students started to cheer out loud. I looked around as I watched the student who had given a beating to the previous student on the ground.

"So your target X. Didn't expect the new teacher to receive such dumb luck." The student said arrogantly as he walked closer to me.

I had wanted to be nice but the fact that he had challenged me made me more willing to kick his ass. I stood confidently as I studied his move.

I grabbed his hand when he tried to punch me before I smirked. "Your too easy to read." I said before I twisted his hand making him to scream and then I spin kicked his face to the ground.

Immediately he was down, a bell rang and then two more predators walked into the arena with confident looks making me to cautiously watch them as they carefully came close to me.

Unlike the other, they didn't underestimate me and were quite agile and strong but I had a feeling they weren't have much endurance.

We were fighting before I took my stick and hit the first one across the face and then the second, I jumped on his shoulders and tried to strangle him till he fell to the ground. He was still alive when I got off him before they were pulled away.

The fight just kept on coming as I fighting to for almost an hour. I was left to rest for sometime since no one stepped in to fight.

"Anyone else?" The announcer said but everyone was silent.

"I'll fight him." I heard Joker say before he walked into the stage on wife beater and trousers.

Joker seemed confident that he would win and in my application, Joker was someone who has never been in trouble for a fight. His violent record was as clean as Lust but it doesn't mean I should underestimate him especially since he chose to fight me of all people.

"Are you sure? Don't blame me when you get a serious shiner." I said before he chuckled then laughed hard.

"Shiner? Never fought before, how are you sure that I won't win?" Joker asked with a confident smirk.

It hadn't been long, he threw a card at me which I caught. I looked at the card that had the number I was looking for before I gave him a confused look.

"That's my card but this..." Joker paused as he raised another card.

"is the platinum card and will automatically declare your class winner if you win." Joker said before I rubbed my nose and then took a fighting stance.

It hadn't been so long then we started fighting. Joker was actually pretty good, his personality never gave you idea of his strength but it was like a mask to his skill. He seemed to have been someone who had been trained in close combat.

I punched him the guts making him to fall back and hold his stomach before he spat out blood from his mouth. I walked up to him and then he started to laugh.

"I've won." He said making me confused about what he meant.

"What do you mean?"

"Your going to feel it now." He said before my head started pounding and then everything became dizzy making me to fall on my knees.

Joker stood up from the ground before he walked and picked up his card and then he came to me and took my own card.

"Shouldn't have touched my card and inhale it. Contained a little drug because fighting you was not an option for someone like me." Joker explained before he pushed me down to the ground.

"Hades won. Most people in your class have been captured and you were their only hope." Joker added before I heard a large horn.

Class 3B wins! A board wrote and then I bit my lips hard. I lost and the worst is that I lost to Hades plan which was to outsmart me. I won't lie about one thing and that is that he did it well.