Chapter Twenty Seven

The nurse gave me some drugs when a knock on the door brought my mind back to earth. I smiled when I saw my partner Skyler, waving at me with a teddy bear and some balloons in his hands.

"You know I'm not a kid nor a female." I said with a smile on my face as he laughed and dropped the balloons and bear by my left side. He brought a chair, seating opposite me as I smiled.

"That's exactly why I do it because it's fun to tease you." He said as he patted my head but I hit his hand off and snorted.

"Your impossible."

"I know, that's why I'm your partner. The guys at bay misses you, can't wait for you to come back."

I kept silent, my smile dropping as I stared forward before my eyes watched the ceiling. "I'm sorry but I can't give up on this case yet. I feel like I have to catch this guy no matter." I said with a strong conviction, fisting my hand as I imagined making his life miserable.

"Just take it easy and rest, it's not like our suspect is running away. Just get better and then you can worry about the investigation." He said with a smile as I chuckled softly.

"Of course. Have you forgotten? I heal pretty fast." I said and he nodded as I pointed the jug of water which he got for me.

"How's the office by the way, I'm sure you guys are having so much fun being on the field while I'm gone?" I asked and took a drink of water with a satisfied sigh.

"We've been missing you but it's not fun without you. I really miss your brave spirit on the field plus it's lonely especially since I'm made to do deskwork without you." He said and I laughed knowing how annoying paperwork is as a psychologist and an investigator.

We started chatting together, talking about old times that I didn't think time would pass till Skyler said he had to go.

"Ohh, couldn't you stay a little longer?" I asked as I ate an apple that was in the fruit basket Lust and Forest brought a few hours ago.

"No, gat a lot of things to do. Bye." He said as he stood up, slipping his hand into his pocket as he headed for the door.

"By the way, least I forget...why didn't you kill me Skyler? Or should I say...Joses?" I asked as Skyler paused and chuckled while he slowly turned to look at me.

"I guess your too smart for your own good. How did you know?" He asked as I stood up from the bed with a half-eaten apple in my hand.

"You instigated yourself. When I first discovered the real name of the killer, I did a background check on it and I discovered something interesting thanks to Janet or should I say Valentine."

"And what would that be?" He asked as he folded his hands while I took another bite of an apple.

"Silias had a first son who went by the name Joses. Silias was your father and you are Gretel's elder brother Joses, Aiden's half brother and Forest stepbrother. When your father got a divorce when your sister was born, he got custody of you and that influenced your upbringing. Your father died from a gunshot by an anti-believer cult who opposed his religious ideology so you took it upon yourself to complete his legacy so with your influence you erased your identity and memory from everyone who knew of you by faking your own death as well as your father." I explained as he nodded in agreement.

"Correct but your research isn't complete. The anti-believers didn't just wake up to kill my father, it was all me. After I realized my father wasn't following his belief he had to go. Do you know how it felt when I discovered I had a younger brother from another woman? That feeling that all your life has been a lie, all your trust and memory has been a lie?"

"No I do not. But that doesn't give you any right to murder people." I said as he chuckled and placed his hand on his chin.

"So when did you start suspecting it was me? I was very careful with everything I was doing because of you."

"Certainly yes but you should have made sure that the people who know of your existence were dead. After Valentine and Aiden told me all they knew of Jamis Hathaway, I did an investigation and saw a picture a year before Hathaway empire crumbled and you were mixed among the reporters. Jamis Hathaway's mother, Denise was a member of your father's cult and then when Janet gave me the picture of the cult members, I saw you even though you were younger and that made me get Brian to run a secret investigation on you. I apologise for sending a lot of false data but my suspicions were accurate when I knew the killer was a wolf in our flock. That brings me to another questions. How were you able to commit these murders at certain times when am with you most of the hours?"

Skyler dropped his hands and started walking closer to me as I took a gun out of the drawer and faced towards him.

"Your always prepared Michael that's what I've always admired about you. Unfortunately, that is one answer I cannot answer."

"Then how about I do that for you?" I asked and he flinched at my answer.

"After your hand in poisoning and ruining Jamis life from his business to his addiction then death, you befriended someone who had a lot of influence when he was in juvenile under the name Hades. With his help, he formed the seven deadly beast who were the personification of each seven deadly sins and also from extremely wealthy and influential family.

You needed people who were sick and twisted like you so you used Hades and his sins to create your own little cult, The commandments. You created a page under a different name where you were god and people could write their darkest thoughts on it. It was private and the fulfilled requests were made public and the best was that the proprietor of St. Salvador's Boys High School is a head in the council and helps to commit some of these murder. But I realized that you aren't the leader, you work for someone who may possibly not even be aware of all these murders. His the one who writes the names or rather predicts the time of death, name, where, how and why, that's why I need the name of this god. Your leader."

Skyler sighed as he walked closer but I shot the gun at his feet making him take three quick steps back as he looked me in the eye.

"Your smart Michael, you had everything figured out. Why don't you use that pretty head of yours and figure out who our god is." He said confidently as I sighed before shooting his right leg.

"Though I injured your hand that is payback for putting me in the hospital for three months and almost dying." I said as he cursed when the door opened as a few police arrested him.

"You were my partner and I've known you for seven years, I won't be involved in your case because I know you sincerely care about me even if your a criminal." I said with a straight face as he gave a weak laugh while they escorted him out as Chief walked towards me.

"You okay?" He asked and I nodded sadly.

"I will be. I hand over the rest to you." I said and he nodded before taking his leave after handing me a letter.

I guess everything is over. Everything is coming to an end.