Chapter Twenty Four

Hades
I took a cigarette from a pack, lighting it up with a lighter and started to smoke. It wasn't really my nature to smoke but sometimes when I want to let lose, I just need these babies to clear my mind before I bring knees to the ground for horrible judgment.

Ever since Michael told me he loved me, I couldn't get out this strange irritation in my chest that I dumped him. It made me restless, tired mentally, less selfish and I started to think he was playing tricks with me. It was really infuriating that nothing I do could stop this bad feeling and it pissed me off how Lust and Monster kept insisting that I was feeling the emotion called 'concern, love'. The thought of their answers infuriated me.

It also angered me how Michael was looking so tired and pale like he hadn't been getting enough sleep and sunlight. He wasn't like the Michael I knew, curious, active, stubborn, smart and honest. Let's not forget he always serious but his beautiful when he laughs or blushes from embarrassment.

"Brother are you feeling alright? You've been kinda down lately like Mr Michael. Did anything happen between you both?" Forest asked as his innocent eyes left the adventure book he was reading to stare at mine.

"No." I answer cuntly as I puffed out smoke.

"Your lying and your very good at it but Mr Michael isn't. You guys should sort out your differences because I don't like seeing you worked up and smoking, it can cause lung cancer and other health implications and I'm not ready for you to die anytime soon. Talk to me when you stop making me worry Hades." Forest said as he scoffed, the odacity of my brother and I always let him get away with it before he left.

I was going to take another stick when Lust came in, tears falling down his cheek and his clothes a mess. Today he was dressed like a girl with a pink wig that fell down his shoulders. The redness in his nose, cheeks and eyes told me how bad the situation was.

"What happened to you? Whose the bastard that made you cry?" I asked as I touched his cheeks, his head shaking as he mumbled incoherent words.

"Calm down and talk to me!" I demanded as he sniffed, calming down enough to speak.

"Michael was...he was s-shot. The ambulance took him just a few hours ago, I wanted to leave with him but they wouldn't let me." Lust explained as my eyes widened in shock.

"Which hospital?!" I asked, holding Lust's shoulders gently but with a strong grip as he cleaned his eyes and sniffed.

"Westwood Hospital." He responded and I cleaned his eyes so he could calm down.

"I need you to tell Pain that his in charge of the project till I'm gone and have Joker have a ride for me out of this school by sundown." I instructed as he gripped my shirt.

"But your not allowed to leave till the police is off your ass."

"I don't care! Michael is way more important than my records." He released me and I quickly left, trying to collect my thoughts together.

I went to Michael's room, ripping off the police tape and unlocking the door with a spare key I've always had from the beginning. I could see the dried blood, the furniture and devices broken or scattered. It proved a terrible fight happened in here as my eyes crept to a very familiar pebble on the floor from an old catholic church in town.

"That bastard!" I cursed throwing the stone away as I tried my best to avoid touching anything, bringing out my phone and dialing the bastard's number.

"Hello?" His deep voice rumbled in the phone as I clenched my fist, clicking my tongue.

"Why did you do it?! Attacking Michael wasn't part of the deal you obsessed maniac!" I shouted as he laughed like I had said something funny.

"Because your sleeping with him?"

"Let me remind you who your talking to. You may work independently but you still answer to me. If anything happens to Michael, I promise you on my life..." My shoulders tensed, my eyes sharpened and my voice grew cold. "I'll make sure you get swallowed by the seven deadly beasts darkness as well as this world. Don't test me unless your prepared for a war you can never win." I threatened and cut the call before he could say anything.

Sneaking out of school was not the first for me, the beasts were entitled to leave with the gate anytime we want but after I got the police on my back because of this killer Michael is diligently chasing, Janet had the security make sure that I never step foot out till they think I don't exist anymore.

I got to the hospital, thanks to one of Lust's hook up and Joker's friend as well, I got a free ride, disguise, fake ID and money for my inconvenience for not getting there on time.

"I'm looking for Michael. Michael Morningstar. He was brought hours hours ago. His my boyfriend." I said as the receptionist started typing something on the computer.

"Oh yes. His operation was successful. His in a private room 507." She said kindly, not suspecting me as I looked the part of a worried, handsome Jamaican lover.

I heaved as I stared at the door, ignoring the cops who asked bothersome questions as I opened the door and closed it behind me. I walked up to Michael, my heart aching when I saw how pale he was with all this machine inserted to his body.

I sat by his side, holding his cold hands that seemed smaller than usual as I kissed his hand.

"You really look like shit. Never thought a day would come where I'd see you so delicate looking like a princess. Well you better wake up unless your abs are gonna get flabby and Lust won't stop crying his eyes out. You know, your the big brother he never had." I said as I take off the glasses on my face, kissing his hands multiple times.

"I'm sorry for lying to you about my feelings. I love you so much that it kills me when I'm not with you. I regret not telling you this that day but I had to be silent because I didn't want this to happen to you but it did. Please wake up for me, for my brothers, for a bad romance I'm going to create with you. When you wake up, I'm going to tell you about how much I love you and how much I'm going to fuck you when your better for making me step out with the cops on my ass." I joked and laughed as I touched his cheeks which was as cold as his hands.

"I love you and I'll wait for you so don't sleep for too long, Michael. You've done your part, now it's time for me to do mine." I said as I stood up, kissing his forehead before I left the room with the last memory of Michael on that bed.

But I never knew, his finger twitched because of my confession.