Chapter Twenty Two

Janet was stepping out of her office when she saw me and stopped. She had a weak smile on her face, her face having stress written all over it but she was happy to see me.

"Mr Morningstar it's so good to see you. Isn't it a wonderful day?" She asked as she breathed in the air.

"There's nothing good about the day from my point of view." I said as I walked closer to her.

"Oh Michael, always so honest. That's what I love about you." She said as she opened the door of her office and I entered before she closed it behind her.

She served me tea and snacks but I wasn't in the position or state of mind to relax as I may have gotten my hands full. Just finding a killer has turned my life into a complicated AV drama.

"What's wrong Michael?" She asked as I cleared my throat and met her eyes.

"Forest Hathaway is your son. I'm sure your aware of that." I said and then her face paled as she dropped her cup of tea on the table.

"How do you know?" She asked nervously as she held her hands together while I relaxed.

"That's not important. Your name before now was Valentine Ackerman. You were married before with two children and your youngest was Forest Hathaway. So tell me everything your hiding from me." I demanded as a faint smile and sad eyes plastered on her face.

"Yes your right, I was married before and because of that marriage, I ruined the lives of my children." She said as tears fell down from her eyes. Then she started to narrate her story.

She was married to Jamis Hathaway after her ex-boyfriend dumped her in her pregnancy and ran away. Jamis was a good guy but suddenly changed after Forest was born when he lost his mom, job, property and fell into a great depression. Desperate to get money, he involved himself in drugs neglecting his children and coming home wasted or high.

"He would hit me whenever he came home and he would abuse my eldest son whenever he tried to protect me. It got so worst that one day he gambled and lost a lot of money, he kidnapped Forest when he was just three years old and wanted to sell him away as payment for his debt. Luckily his brother rescued him in time while I was at work. It got so much that it so unbearable that I abandoned my children and ran away. I am a terrible mother." She cried as she used tissue and blew into it as I listened to her story.

"What happened afterwards?" I asked when she finally calmed down.

"I left home for almost four years and one day, I stumbled upon a newspaper that talked about how my eleven years eldest son murdered his own father. Forest was six years at that time."

"What was the name of your eldest son?" I asked and then her hands clenched but her eyes gave up.

"His name is Aiden. Aiden Hathaway. His Forest half brother." She confessed as my eyes widened in shock.

Walking down the hall to my room was what I needed right now. Everything was all falling into place. I was a hundred percent that Silias Jefferson was alive and he was Gretel and Aidan's father according to Janet.

I opened my room and closed it but I was attacked by a hug from behind and soft moaning of satisfaction from Hades. I weakened his grip on my waist as I turned my head towards him.

"Where have you been all day? I've been missing holding you." He said as his lips slowly descended on mine and our tongues touched each other before he pulled away.

I released his hold on me as I dropped my things on my table before I faced Hades who was laying on my bed with a smirk on his face.

"Hades let's make a deal." I said calmly, getting his attention as he laid on his side.

"I'm listening."

"I want you to tell me a story about your life. An honest sad, happy, angry, frustrated or cold story about yourself."

"And what do I gain in return?" He asked and I straddled him, wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.

"I'll tell you a secret about me." I whispered as I slowly unbuttoned my shirt, tossing it aside as I kissed Hades.

He was awfully surprised by my actions as I've always been passive when it came to both of us having sex. I wasn't doing this for information, I wasn't even sure why I was doing this. Maybe I'm feeling lonely from being alone for a long time.

The sex was great no lie, Hades wasn't rough and he was going at my pace. He was too gentle when I embraced him that I started to wonder if he was the same Hades.

"So tell me your life story Aiden Hathaway." I said as I laid my head on his bare chest, the sheets that covered our nakedness wrapping around us warmly.

"If I didn't like you, I would have killed you for talking with my mother." He said as he kissed my lips then smirked.

"Well there's not much to say. Silas ran away from Janet before I was born, had me then remarried and five years later, Forest dropped by. Jamis was an awesome man till he made bad choices two years after Forest. The abuse, the quarrels, Forest's fears, our health and of course our family, became too unbearable that Janet left to who knows where. Never saw her again and that made Jamis desperate. At least he left me and Forest alone looking for her and when he was home, he'd just give me a few hits after I hid Forest since I reminded him of the wife that left him when I was younger. Just glad Forest inherited his looks from Jamis mother cause she looks nothing like the man."

"So what happened?" I asked as I rubbed his chest softly.

"What else. He gave up the search and left home for a year. Comes back and his with three men who tried to molest me in front of my brother for a AV video. His tears triggered something in me so I took a gun they dropped carelessly and shot all the bastards plus the one that touched my brother to a certain extent before I called the police myself. My uncle who we never knew of showed up, took care of Forest while I served a few years in the asylum because they taught I was sick for feeling no fear or pain for what I did. Didn't stay for more than four months though thanks to my uncle. Took me in and gave us a home even though we weren't all cuddly with him, loved us like his own kids before he passed away when I was given free admission into this school by Janet."

"Couldn't leave Forest alone since we made a promise we'd always be there for each other until we found solid pillars to share burdens with. I love him cause his my only family I acknowledge. Took a year for me to select the sins and completed it when Lust came. They say I saved them but they saved me, gave Forest people he could rely on. That's why I tampered with the school records, changed my name to storm so that my enemies ain't gonna hurt my little brother." He narrated as I realized there was more to Hades than a prideful, self-centered narcissist.

He was a doting brother, a great friend and a leader. To go as far as to say his brother had a case of Dependant personality disorder just so people would see him as someone to not mess with since he looked like he depended on the beasts that took balls.

"Now tell me the secret." He demanded as his eyes met mine making me to blush as my face got serious.

"I'm in love with you." I whispered into his ears as he stared at me in disbelief.

He said nothing as he got off the bed, wearing his clothes as I picked up my underwear and wore.

"The game is over. Your finally free from being my pet. It was fun while it lasted." Hades said as I stood up and held his arm, looking into his eyes.

"Then say it to my face Hades." I demanded and he stood upright, taking his hands away from mine then looked into my eyes.

"Forget about me because I don't need you anymore. Go back to your life as a normal criminal psychologist, your services are over." He said while looking into my eyes and I felt something very painful inside me.

I didn't say anything neither did I cry or grumble as I watched him walk out that door like I never mattered.

I really am an idiot for an adult.