Chapter Twenty Six

Michael
Where am I? What is this place? Oh that's right, I was shot. I guess I must be dead. It's so cold over here, who knew death was so standstill. These were my thoughts as I walked through a very large field.

This field was where my happiest childhood memories happened. This was the first pack that my father thought me how to ride a bike, my mother set up picnics for fun, where I and my best friend met for the first time. This field held so much memories to me.

"Michael, you better not die here! I'll never forgive you if you five up!" A voice echoed so strongly, dragging my head out of the sleep I was trying to succumb to.

Whose voice is that? It's so warm, familiar and strong but sad. I know this person, if I could just stretch my hand and touch that person and tell him that everything will be alright then maybe he'll be happy. I thought naively, my body running towards the echo but I paused getting lost in a cave of mirrors.

I walked up close to one of the mirrors as my eyes opened at the image of someone familiar. His brown skin, purple hair, his trained body, a very prideful and narcissistic confidence with his two first buttons of his uniform unbuttoned. He ran his hand through his hair as he grabbed my waist in that memory, kissing me passionately that I blushed as I moved away from it.

I went to another mirror taking a good look at it, this time, the voices clearer than the other.

"Let's play a game. If you win, I'll tell you the name of your killer and when you lose, you become my slave." He said as he smiled proudly. This memory was the first time, I met this boy. I'm confident about it.

I had so many memories with this boy from teasing to arguing, challenging, pranks even sexual but it was his name. His name was at the tip of my tongue and I just needed to find the memory that I had said of his name, one where all his crew didn't taint and one did stand before me.

"Hades." I said in that memory with a smile on my face watching how he hugged Joker who was crying for a reason I didn't know but the love he had for Joker, showed that he cared not just about himself but his friends, his family.

"I love you and I'll wait for you so don't sleep for too long, Michael." Hades said and my eyes smiled as the ceiling of the mirrors opened and I moved towards it. I had to go back to him, I had to see him.

My eyes fluttered opened as I looked around my environment. I was surprised when I saw my father crying while my mothee comforted him with a face of relief. My eyes went over to my two elder sisters who looked relieved and hugged each other as slowly I got aware of my environment.

"Your safe honey, your in the hospital. This is truly a miracle." Mom said as I fluttered my eyes, I didn't see who I want so I found no need to remain awake anymore so I closed my eyes.

I was being fed soup by my mother when the door opened and Hades stood, panting hard as he looked different. He dropped the flowers on the ground and ran to me, hugging me before kissing me but pulled back and gagged at the tasteless hospital soup.

"I knew one day you were going to eat cardboard and puke but I never thought it would be in a hospital." He joked but I kept a straight face, giving him a confused face as I thought of something genuise.

"Who are you?" I asked in confusion as everyone in the room froze, Hades looked more shock than my family.

"Y-you don't remember?" He asked and I almost wanted to laugh as I shook my head but he seemed to have caught on. "That's too bad because I remember you."

He kissed my lips as I kissed his but he pulled away after my mother coughed.

"Sorry mom." I said shyly as she shrugged.

"Well you should have told me you got yourself a sex on legs. Did you know how embarrassing it was when Jamal told me that you were his boyfriend? If you don't tell me at least tell your father as his your best friend." She complained as I looked at the supposed Jamal.

"I'm the one who is most embarrassed." I said as Hades gave an innocent kiss and ran away from the room.

When we finally got privacy, we decided to talk things out. He updated me on what I miss and how nothing much as changed except that cops are now cramping his space. I was also shocked that Hades could blush when I repeated the exact things he told me when I was in coma.

"Note to never be honest even at your funeral." He said as I laughed and held his hand.

"You won't cause you'd die with me." I teased and he shook his head at my twisted joke.

"This is why you'll never get another girlfriend."

"Because I have what's his name...Jamal." I raised a brow as he kissed my fingers.

"There's something I want to talk to you about." He said and I looked him in the eyes.

"Yeah?"

"When you get better will you be my..." He paused as he scratched his head nervously. "Hero to my villain. You chase me when I break the law than I get bail or innocence, do it again and the cycle continues except when we're in the house."

I stared at his unbelievable proposal but in a way, I couldn't help but laugh at how someone as blunt as Hades could be this...out of character. Well, till his no longer Jamal I feel.

"Yes I'll your partner in thriller." I said and we both laughed before sealing the deal with a not hospital policy make out.