Chapter Twenty Three

"Michael are you okay?" White asked me, placing his arm on my shoulder that startled me and brought back to reality. "You don't look so good, I think you should rest for the day."

"I'm okay, just didn't get much sleep last night. How's your boyfriend?" I asked weakly as he blushed, his face instantly turning red as he adjusted his glasses.

"His okay. His actually looking forward to graduating this year and after that, I might have to quit my job and move away with him." He said with a smile on his face, his eyes more gentle than usual.

"Congratulations. Just make sure to chase those suitors cause Flames is a very jealous lover. He really loves you a lot, not everyone is so lucky as you both are." I said and he nodded as his chick pinkened. "Well gotta go take a nap."

I stood up as White waved goodbye at me. I walked down the hall with a box of apple juice in my mouth but paused when I heard laughters from one of my students.

"Hades your horrible." Forest said as he cleaned the tear on his eyes from his soft, musical laughter.

I stared with a simple admiration and jealousy at how happy Hades was looking after breaking my heart. I wasn't angry at his rejection, I was just sad that I never put a genuine smile on his face like this when we were not fighting each other.

Forest paused his laughter when his eyes followed Hades eyes to what he was staring and his smile grew a little timid as he waved at me.

"Hey Mr Michael. How are you?" He asked, the timidness in his voice gone from getting accustomed to me.

"I'm okay, strangely. Nice to see your looking good Hades." I said receiving silence from Hades and I took that as my signal to leave.

I walked past him, not looking back as I left them, the sound of my shoes touching the ground as I left. I held my chest, my breathing getting ragged as I fell on my knees when I reached the teachers dorm.

I don't know why I'm suddenly getting emotional. I was used to handling my emotions properly but I couldn't explain why today was so different.

Was it the indifference he showed towards me or the fact that he happy after fucking me up?

I opened the door of my room, entered and closed it behind me. I paled when I felt a cold breath on my neck making me elbow the unfamiliar person but he caught my elbow, hooked my knee it weakened and pushed my face to the door.

"Your weaker that I expected Michael. I guess it's all in my favor." I heard the eery cold voice that had me grunt in annoyance as he released his left hook on my leg as I stood straight.

"You bastard! Can't believe you had the gut to confront me, aren't you scared?" I asked and he laughed, his voice rough and guttural.

"I really like you Michael. I warned you to stay off my case but you didn't listen. It's quite a shame that you have to meet an unfortunate death." He said as I felt a cold metal against the back of my head that didn't have me panicked or worried.

"Well I have not decided on being one of your victims tonight so I'm going to have to tell death not anytime soon. What's your obsession with me as I am not the first cop to hunt you down? Your getting desperate, their on to you because of me." I said calmly, a smirk on my face when his body proves my theory is correct.

"Has anyone ever tell you, your a lot prettier with your mouth shut." He said and I shrugged nonchalantly.

"A lot and most of them are in jail or do you prefer names?"

I could tell I ticked him off and that was all it took for me to break free and elbow his face. The gun fell off his hands and I punched him in his gut as he cursed, hitting my back.

He tried to pick up the gun but I used my leg and tripped him as I stood up and picked the chair in my room, hitting him once and the chair broke. He had surprisingly good endurance as he tripped me, straddling me and punching my face multiple times.

I held his hand, brought his head closer and headed him as he hissed and I turned our position around punching him. It became a rolling battle as he got up, grabbing my collar and pushing me to the table as his hands wrapped around my neck, strangling me.

It was getting hard to breathe as he strangled me and with his face covered I couldn't see who he was. My hands clumsily searched the table as I struggled to control my breathing, glad I left a pen in the open. I took it and stabbed his hand hard making him scream as I kicked him towards the bed.

I ran and picked up the gun, pointing it at him but he kicked it out of my hand before kicking me in the face. I was surprised I could keep up even with no energy in my body from lack of food and descent sleep.

"It's over." He said as he pointed gun at me, his right hand still bleeding badly as I glared at his eyes.

"Question before you pull the trigger. Are you having fun screwing people's life cause you wanna play God?" I asked as he laughed and shook his head.

"I'm not doing it for fun, I want to make the world a better place. It is people like you that are screwing it up." He said and I nodded with a look of satisfaction.

"I guess I was expected you and planted a trap on the ceiling." I said as I pointed the ceiling which he looked at and saw nothing. Before he could utter a word, I was up and struggling for the gun with him.

The struggle was forceful with fate to decide who was getting shot tonight. Whether I live or die was on luck and I hated being on the odds but I knew even if I died, Biblical Sinner would be captured and trialed.

The sound of three gun shots resonated in the room that I was sure people in the building heard as I moved away from the killer, blood dripping down my lips as I fell on the floor.

He shot me once in the chest and twice in the gut as he cursed, leaving the room quickly unable to confirm my death as I watched him close the door behind me.

I crawled up to my desk, leaning on my desk as I touched my bleeding stomach, removing the bullet that had shot the thick chain tag that hung on my neck. I threw the chain away as my eyes slowly started shutting down like the rest of my system.

So this is what death feels like. No wonder people felt the need to go because it shows all the memories we hold important in our lives. I feel so cold and tired to reach out and touch it for warmth.

"I guess this is where the road ends, didn't think I'd die in a dorm." I said weakly then I chuckled before I closed my eyes and gave up.