Chapter Seventeen

Micheal
After what happened last night, I finally realized that the seven beasts were still kids. They were vulnerable to their past and developed strange personalities as a coping system.

Lust was still shaky and very alert, afraid his father would pop out at anytime but he slowly started to relax and got back to being himself except he actually stopped flirting around with the quote 'A taste of Ghost is enough to make you desperate for more' making me gag.

I also haven't seen Hades in awhile but I was glad he was out of my hair for now so that I could continue a private investigation.

I was doing a personal research on the principal and his wife, when the door opened up and it turned out to be Hades and Lust.

"Hey Micheal. Did you miss me?" Hades asked with an amused grin on his face before I scoffed and closed what I was doing then faced them.

"What do you want?" I asked before Hades touched his chest like he had been shot.

"Temper, temper. This is why you don't have any friends except the gay little teacher." Hades mocked me before I glared daggers into his eyes.

"Don't talk about White like that!" I argued before he kept quiet and then sat far from me.

"Sorry to interrupt your couple's spat but I wanted to thank you for the other night. I'm not so big on saying these but I'm glad your one teacher I and Ghost can rely on." He said sincerely before he looked at Hades and then he waved at us and left.

"What was that about?" Hades asked as he folded his arms.

"Nothing that concerns you. By the way, has Ghost always been that strong?"

"If he always won Monster in a sparring game then yes. His actually the strongest but then his too lazy to care so he rather receive the beating than stress fighting them unless the prize is his life." Hades said before I looked at him suspiciously.

"How did you end up leader?"

"If I tell you that will you tell me something about yourself in high school?"

"Yes." I said honestly and then he smiles before walking closer to me.

"I didn't. They just trust me much because I was the one who recruited them and honed or rather fed their skills." He explained before I gave him a weird look.

"Oh God. Lust's skill is not that, his special in a weird way. Makes people lower their guards and slowly manipulates their heart. His like his name addictive, pure euphoria but dangerous when taken too far." He explained before I agreed because in a weird way, Lust was the only sin who made me lower my guard and feel relaxed like I was talking to a little brother.

"Now Michael, tell me about yourself when you were far younger." Hades said before he sat down close to looking at me making me blush.

"I used to be a rebellious teacher when I was younger. I didn't like anyone telling me what to do so I dyed my hair, smoked, skipped school and stuff. Though it was a phase that passed after I got into an accident that nearly cost me my life." I said before Hades stared at me in curiosity.

"Well I'm not surprised, would have loved to see that Michael." Hades said before he came behind me and nibbled on my ear lobe.

"Now let's get down to business." He whispered with a husky voice before I sighed.

I knew it was too good to be true.

"Morningstar have you gotten any new leads yet?" Chief Carmen asked as I walked to meet the principal's wife.

"I want you to do a background check on the principal and his family. Don't leave any stone unturned." I said before I cut the call, and then paused when I heard sounds from the principal's office.

From the sounds it was obvious our principal was having sex and the secretary and not his wife. What a rocky marriage.

"Mr Morningstar can I help you?" Janet, the principal's wife asked as she stepped up to me.

"Not really. The principal is occurred." I said before I walked past but she held my hand.

"You must think I'm a terrible wife if my husband is having sex with his slut." She said before I shrugged.

"It's your marriage, I have no business to interfere or judge, a lot of us have it worst." I responded before she smiled at me.

"Could you come with me to my office." She requested before I nodded and followed behind her.

We entered her office before she poured me a cup of tea and offered some biscuits.

"Are you always this hospital?" I asked before she took her share and smiled.

"Only to the people I like."

"Nice to know I'm on the nice list for every Christmas." I added before she laughed and then she looked out the window where her eyes followed Hades who was petting Forest's head.

I watched as her eyes revealed a deep sadness as her eyes trailed on Forest who then hit Hades hand off and ran after Lust who was running away too. Before she removed her eyes from Forest and left them on Hades.

"What do you think of Hades?" I asked out of curiosity before she snapped out of her trance and then faced me.

"His very charismatic even though his a very problematic student. His intelligent and strong but his still a child." She replied like she personally knew him and that meant they had a history together. Something tied them together.

"Michael do you think I'm a bad person?" She asked before I started to reason her question.

"Sometimes we make bad choices but it doesn't mean we're evil, it's having no conscience and doing it over again that makes someone a bad person." I responded before she dropped her cup and sat opposite me.

"You know Michael, I really wished I married a man more like you. Wise, sensible, charming, handsome..." She paused as she placed both her hands on my chest.

"And knows how to treat a lady with respect." She whispered as she brought her face closer before I placed my hand in-between us blocking her face.

"Your a beautiful woman Janet and I'm sorry but I don't want to be an item to make yourself feel better about your marriage. Also, I have someone I'm interested in and I wouldn't like to cheat on that person." I said before she smiled and pulled back.

"I really do like you Michael and if you ever get tired of your lover then your always welcome to meet me. I'll show you the pleasure of exploring a woman." She said before I smiled and chuckled.

"Thanks for the open invitation. Have a nice day, Janet." I said before I stood up and left her office.

I sighed in relief after walking out of the office then relaxed on the door. I was about to leave when I heard my name making me pause.

"H-Hades." I stammered before he raised a brow.

"I would say you looked like you saw a ghost but your face is all red. Having a fever or you were missing me too much." Hades said before I used my textbook and hit his head.

"Fucking narcissist!" I shouted before I walked away while he held his head in pain.

I guess it was because of that I sorta liked him.