Joe Leibgott Imagine #2

AU: I'm sorry this seems short..

It was the middle of the night, 2:34 in the morning to be excact. Joe and his long-term girlfriend Y/N were home, sleeping in there bed. Joe being sprawled out on his side of the bed, out from the blankets, sweating. While Y/N lied peacefully, with the comforter placed over her body as she snuggled into it. Joe had just got back to the states a month or two prier. Though, just recently, the memories of the war started to get to him. Nightmares started to occur often. He had been trying to keep them away from Y/N. Not wanting her to see her "tough" boyfriend so vulnerable. But, this night, was different. Joe's nightmares got the best of him this night.

While Y/N was asleep, peaceful as ever, Joe was tossing and turning. Grunting, muttering things in German as he was now pouring sweat. It was until he julted his body up, screaming. The scream was full of terror, and it was loud. Joe's eyes filled with tears as sobs began filtering out of his mouth. And as soon as Y/N heard the scream, she jolted up too. Looking over at the man that she was in love with. The site broke her heart. Joe had his knees to his chest, with his arms wrapped around his knees as his hair fell in front of his eyes. He rocked back and forth as sobs fell out of his mouth and tears dripped onto the sheets. She scooted closer to him, not know what to do. She didn't know what to say either. So she just touched his arms fondly and started tracing little shapes onto his arm. Once she noticed his breathing rate slowing down, she spoke up. She always know just how to calm him down.

"Would it help if we cuddled?" Her voice was soft. Soft and gentle. Just like her. Whenever she spoke, Joe thought he fell in love with her over and over again. He looked at her, his eyes showing fear and pain, a stab to Y/N's heart. He nodded. He leaned into his significant other, still in a ball like before as Y/N wrapped her arms around him. He still wept a little bit, tears making patches of wetness on her tank top. But, she didn't mind. She stroked her boyfriend's hair, whispering sweet nothings into his ears. Telling him he was okay and everyone was okay.

After a while of sitting in that position, Joe finally stretched out into a better cuddling position. Joe's head laid on Y/Ns chest with his arms around her stomach. While her arms were around his head and shoulders softly, with her chin resting on the top of the boy's head. Y/N hummed a soft tune, wanting to rid of the boy's fears and get him to stop crying. She didn't want to start crying herself either. Joe focused on the girl's chest rising and falling.

After a few kisses, hugs, a bit more crying and explaining his sides of things. Joe even talked about pieces of the war that he had been through. Which was shocking, he never spoke about his time in the war. Very rarely. It showed he was comfortable, and it made you more than happy. All you ever wanted was for Joe to be happy ever since he came home. And now you are almost positive Mr. Joe Liebgott was happy with you.

You kept stroking his hair and kissing his forehead. Occassionally kissing his shoulder and tracing shapes onto his back. In an hour or so, the once weeping man had fallen back asleep. You know he was scared of your judgement towards him about his emotions and his traumas. But, Joe was war beaten. You know he watched friends die, he saw his people hurt in so many ways and killed in so many awful ways. You know the way those German camps, and all the tortures those Germans put his people through. He had all the right to be this way. She would never judge him. Never in a million years. She loved him, and Joe loved her. They didn't need fancy dates, they didn't need to have hour long conversations (even though they did a huge amount of times), they didn't need to have sex every night (maybe sometimes just for fun), to show how much they loved each other. It was moments like these that showed the true love that both Joe and Y/N had for each other. They were soulmates. The two were head over heals for each other. No nightmares, arguments, or horror stories will make you guys ever split up. Never ever.

And from then on, both of them knew that they were happy together. The two were meant to be, and everyone around knew it.