Ronald Speirs Imagine #3

AN: I love the thought of Speirs being sweet to is significant other. I know it might not seem too realistic. But I can totally seeing Speirs being that way.

I watched in horror as I watched Ronald Sprint across Foy. What the hell was he doing?! If Dike wasn't being such a bitch and actually led this company and wouldn't be so scared we wouldn't be stuck in this mess! Now Ronald was sprinting across Foy to link up with I company. Running straight through German infantry and artillery. They didn't shoot at him at first. Probably because they couldn't believe what the Lieutenant was actually doing.

I clutched my rifle tightly, pressing myself against the wall of a half destroyed building. I looked to the side, peering over the corner, nearly getting my face blown in by a sniper in a building across from me. I felt a warm feeling on my cheek, along with the feeling of a thick liquid running down my cheek. Great, the bullet sliced my face, like this day could get worse. Many casualties caused by our shitty officer in charge Dike, now my boyfriend is putting his god damn life on the line just for a shot of Adrenaline! You gotta be kidding me!

I quickly shot at the sniper a few times, hoping one of the shots would hit. But, to no avail, no bullets hit. I sighed heavily and now I was getting mad. This mission in Foy was turning into a giant cluster fuck, and now with Dike acting like this, my friends were either dying, or close to it. And now the love of my life was risking his life, I was not having it. I looked across to behind a short wall. And there he still was. Dike sitting there, like a little baby, tail between his legs as everything was unfolding around him. I shook my head and just carried on with my duties. I needed to keep advancing and killing as many Krauts needed. I clutched my rifle, ready to run to the next set of cover.

I took a deep breath, swallowing hard. I stood up and began sprinting. I had to make it to a building about a hundred feet diagonal from me. From there it will be easier to advance and it'll give me and the rest of Easy Company the upper hand after Ronald got I Company. The difficult part was sprinting a hundred feet under heavy enemy fire and artillery blasts unharmed and or alive. Though, in the moment, the only focus was getting the mission done. No matter what. So when I began running full speed across Foy, I wasn't too worried about the fire of the German Infantryman that I was receiving. That was until I felt a sharp pain rock through my shoulder. Once again, followed with the feeling of warm blood soaking the fabric of my blouse. Just great. Absolutely wonderful.

"God damn it!" I cursed, stumbling slightly. I glanced at my shoulder quickly while continuously running. It looked like it went straight through. But who the hell knows what that little piece of metal hit on the way. I winced, now running with my rifle in one hand. God it hurt. But, mission comes first. I noticed that I was close to the advancement point. I pressed my lips together and with a lot of pain, I grabbed my weapon with both hands and felt the adrenaline course through my veins. I ran faster than I ever had in that moment. I dove behind a small piece of cover, my shoulder now throbbing with pain. As one of the higher ranks, a Gunnery Sergeant to be exact, I was supposed to go and advance first. And what good does it do if I was wounded?

I held that position for a while, shooting down a few Germans. Shooting with a hole in my shoulder was harder than I thought. And definitely more painful. Though, soon enough, my Ronald ran back from linking with I and H Company successfully. And it was decently smooth sailing from there. I mean, sort of. Shifty shot down the sniper, basically saving Lipton's ass. Soon enough, we killed enough German's and advanced enough that the last of the Krauts surrendered. Thank god. We had already been running low on supplies, and men. And after this horror show, I wonder how bad it was now.