Richard Winters Imagine #7

The officers sat within a run down building. Lieutenant L/N sat twiddling her fingers. She was bored. Extremely bored. There was nothing to do. Not even any paperwork! Which the female was willing to do at this moment. Anything would be better than just sitting in a chair for hours waiting for some type of order from the higher ups. 

   Y/N was a young, female Army officer. Full of life and humor. Compared to the other officers, she was like the life of the party. Very similar to George Luz. Though, her humor and liveliness has gotten her into trouble before for different reasons, she never let it affect her. 

  When a familiar officer, and close friend walked in, she smiled. Knowing that she wasn't about to be as bored as she just was. "Speirs!" she shouted as jumped up. A smile on her face as she walked on over. The Captain jumped slightly at the loud calling of his name. Looking over at the smaller female officer that was walking up to him. 

  "What's up, short stack?" he asked. His voice in the usual grumpy yet calming way. Y/N ran a hand over her face and groaned softly.

  "I'm bored. Any orders yet or any words from Winters if we are moving out yet?" she asked desperately.  Ronald just shook her head and walked past her. The two had a sibling kind of bond. Strangely enough. He was nicer to Y/N and watched out for her, knowing how most of the men treated women in general. Though, they stayed professional.

  The female Paratrooper groaned loudly. "I hate just sitting around when there literally is an entire war to fight," she groaned as she sat back down on her small chair. Speirs chuckled softly as she turned to look back at her. Shooting up an eyebrow.

  "Why don't you talk to your future husband about it?" He teased. Y/N's head shot up and her cheeks became dusted with pink. Knowing exactly who he was talking about. Y/N just turned her head away.

  "You know we aren't like that, Speirs," she said softly. Deep down, the female trooper knew how the higher ranked officer felt about her. There was no denying. Though he was known not to have the most out going sense of humor and was very professional most of the time. But, the lasting eye contact during meetings, the subtle flirting whilst the two were alone. And even that one secretive steamy night alone in one of the houses back in England that still made Y/N's face turn red just thinking about. That was a night that would always replay in the back of her mind. Though the two didn't speak to one another often. The tension and internal emotions were just seeping from the two of them. And everyone knew it. Like everyone. Just no one said anything.

   Ronald scoffed slightly. "Why don't you just make the first move. And i don't mean some subtle flirting or whatever that night was back in England a few months ago-" Y/N cut her fellow officer with a punch in the arm. "Well, what I'm trying to say. Is that even though I might seem mean and intimidating, but listen to my words of wisdom. If you don't figure out what you and Dick are, or what you guys are going to ever be before this war is over. And if you two go home your separate ways, you could lose everything and anything. Do you really want to do that to yourself?" he asked. Almost leaving Y/N in a small state of shock.

   His small speech really got her thinking. He was right. She was tired of the no real moves in the making. She couldn't really find an answer to Ronald's question. She just stood there for a moment, averting his gaze because she knew he was right. Ron just patted her shoulder lightly and put his helmet on his head, turning on the heels of his boots and walking out of the building. Leaving Y/N just standing in the room alone, staring down at her boots. Beginning to chew on the inner lining of her bottom lip. Maybe she would finally make the big decision. Or maybe she wasn't. All Y/N knew is that she was going to be thinking a lot the next few hours.

///

  Night had fallen on the makeshift base. Y/N was still sitting outside, staring up at the sky. She would've never thought that a guy like Richard Winters would have her so strung up on even figuring out how to talk to him.