Richard Winters Imagine #3

AN: I don't know why but I thought this was cute. It didn't really come out all the nice but oh well.

The Army officer stood there at the briefing with the rest of the higher enlisted. Richard Winters really should have been listening in on what information he was being told. Though, instead the Officer’s attention was grasped by something else. Well more like someone. He kept taking small glimpses at the female medic as she was fixing up a replacement who seemed to have a case of trench foot. She had a smile on her face, as she always did, as she joked with the paratrooper. Seemingly trying to help the replacement ignore the pain. A small smile curled up on one side of his lips as he chuckled slightly. The feeling of a person’s elbow slightly nudging his side was the thing that pulled Richard back from staring and daydreaming about the medic just yards in front of him. He looked at the person who nudged him. His eyes met with his best friend’s Lewis Nixon. Who had a small smirk on his face and he shook his head lightly. Winters quickly looked away from the officer and a blush crept onto his face and ears. Red enough to match his hair. 

When the briefing had finished, the tall redhead couldn’t help but go and continue watching his crush from afar. He sat on a crate in the officers quarters, watching the medic. He was so in depth in his people watching, he didn’t hear the footsteps approach him. He felt a tap on the shoulder, in which he quickly turned around. His eyes met with no other than Ronald Speirs. He has a small smirk on his face.

“You know Captain, people watching is a bit strange,” he chuckled. The heat radiating off of Richard’s face was no match to the frigid temperatures in Bastogne Forest. He coughed and wiped his nose, trying to avoid the eye contact of his fellow officer. “I don’t know what you mean Speirs,” he stated, his voice escalating the slightest.  Speirs chuckled once more, looked at the red faced officer sitting in front of him. “You should go talk to the little lady, or I could for you,” the Lieutenant offered, making Richard look at him quickly and shake his head. “If you are talking about Staff Sergeant L/N, I do not have an interest for her, and nor am I watching her,” Richard told the other officer, standing up and brushing the snow off his trousers. Speirs laughed, shaking his head, turning and walking off in the other direction. Leaving Dick Winters standing alone, looking around, trying to find ways to distract himself from his thoughts.

Little did the officer know, whilst carrying a crate full of food and a little bit of medical supplies while her fellow medic Roe carried a crate besides her. Y/N found herself staring at the redheaded officer who was now walking to different foxholes, talking to his men. The medic besides her cleared his throat, trying to catch the female’s attention. The female medic turned to her friend, who was giving her a funny look. 

“Why don’t you go talk to him, instead of making goo goo eyes at him all day. If you haven’t noticed, he has been staring at you too,” he spoke, making Y/N’s ear go red. She began unpacking the crates. “I can guarantee you that he has not been staring at me, and I don’t know why you think I should go talk to Captain Winter.” she stated, avoiding the gaze of her comrade. She heard the other medic scoff. She rolled her eyes then she looked over at Roe, a hand on her hip. “Don’t deny it Y/N, we all can see, except the two of you,” she rolled her eyes once again, basically ignoring what the fellow medic was trying to say. “Yeah, yeah Gene,” she blew him off. Walking off to go talk to her friends in a foxhole just about ten feet in front of her. 

As soon as Doc L/N looked away, Winters was right back at staring from afar. He couldn’t help  it, it seemed like. He was just drawn to the female like none before. Not out of lust, or anything like that. Richrad could care less about anything like that. He soon realized after realizing his feelings towards the little lady, that he had fallen completely head over heels for the medic.