George Luz Imagine #2

I walked through the door of a little run down house. Walking in to what seemed to be a little argument between all the boys against George. It wasn't a real argument clear to see. It was mostly Joe yelling at my boyfriend because he wouldn't give him a chocolate bar. A smile spread across my face as I walked into view. I had gotten shot when I went through Foy. Nothing too bad, just a bullet through the shoulder. Thankfully missing any major arteries and no infections. It was still extremely sore, I had managed to sneak myself out of the military hospital early. I had missed my friends and dear boyfriend too much to stay another couple of weeks. So, I hopped on the next truck to this little town. And now here I was.

   "Hey guys," I spoke. Not too loud, but loud enough for the boys to hear me. The stopped arguing and they turned to look at me. They all had smiles on there faces, especially George. When he saw me get hit, he was filled with anger, worry, and panic. I could remember when he helped me up, his face when he saw the blood pouring out of my shoulder. I knew I wasn't going to die, but I think George was scared I was. 

  "Y/N!" all of the guys shouted in unison. I guess they missed me. I chuckled, and looked at George. Who was now running over to hug me. Once he wrapped his arms around my torso and buried his head into the crook of my neck, I winked at Leibgott. Signaling him to snag a candy bar while George wasn't looking. As much as I loved George, I was just as mischievous as him and my best friend Leibgott. I smiled and nodded slightly watching Leibgott snag the chocolate bar and scurrying out of the building. As Leibgott left, the other followed. I closed my eyes, focusing back at the task at hand. My puppy dog of a boyfriend, George Luz. As he pulled away from the hug, he pulled me in for a soft kiss. His lips were chapped, the hair on his beard tickling my lips. I giggled, pulling away. 

   "You need to shave George," I laughed out. He smiled, a small tint of red rising to his cheeks on his tan skin. He looked down, scratching at the back of his neck.  He acted like we were still in the honeymoon phase of our relationship. Even though, he had asked me out back in Camp Toccoa. I smiled back at him, blushing a little bit myself. He looked up at me, placing his hands back on his hips as he walked back to where he was before. Back counting supplies. I smiled, following him, sitting on a chair across from him.

   "Sorry doll, it's hard to shave around here," he sighed. I smiled, resting my chin on my palm whilst leaning against the table. I watched as he concentrated on counting, I had really nothing better to do. "How's the shoulder?" he asked softly, glancing up at me. I shrugged, moving my shoulder slightly. Placing my hand on it. The bandages were still there, and it was still hurting. 

   "It's fine so far. Still sore as a bitch though," I said, wincing I rolled my shoulder. I stretched softly as George nodded. Still seeming to be focusing on his task of counting the supplies and such. I stood, looking at him. I walked over, grabbing his chin softly and giving him another kiss. "Well, George, I'm going to find a place to sleep and rest up. I might be going out on the patrol. Though, Martin is probably taking my spot," I spoke, picking up my bag and slinging it on my good shoulder. I grabbed my helmet and placed it on top of my head. He nodded towards me, his look seemed skeptical. I smiled at him before walking out of the building. "Love you!" I called out. Hearing him reciprocate the words loudly as I walked back. I chuckled, walking to a building with hopefully a free bunk. 

///

   The sun had set and the moon had come out. Martin had taken my spot on the patrol tonight. I was secretly thankful. I was tired, and my shoulder ached. I laid in bed, a few paratroopers slept in bunks around me. I wanted to wait for George. So I stayed awake, staring up at the bunk above me. I heard the sound of boots on the floor, and sound of dropping a bag on the floor. I felt the mattress of the bunk dip. George. I smiled slightly, rolling over to see him. He had just finished laying down. He rolled to his side so his eyes met mine. Our noses touched as we scooted closer together. His eyes were heavy, he looked exhausted. Who could blame him? I kissed his lips softly. He smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist. Practically pinning me down to the bed. Though, I didn't mind. I felt protected and warm. I smiled back at him as I cupped his face. His scruff poking my hand slightly. I giggled, as he chuckled tiredly, shutting his eyes for a moment.

   When he reopened them, he spoke. "I missed you so much," he said. It seemed he was too tired to joke. Though, his goofy smile was still on his lips. The same one I had fallen in love with all those years ago. "I was so worried about you," he added, his eyes filled with love. I pressed my lips together into a line. I wish I could've sent him letters, hell, I wanted him to visit me. Though, I knew he couldn't. I sighed as he spoke, pecking him on the lips before speaking myself.

   "I missed you too, so fucking much," I breathed out, a small chuckle leaving my lips. It was true. I was in that hospital for just two weeks, supposed to be four. I hated every day of it. I missed my friends, I missed fighting, and I missed my George. Now, I was back with him. I cuddled more into him. Laying my head on his chest. Even in the cold frigid air in this season, I still felt warm cuddled up with him. My arms wrapped around his torso tightly, our legs entangled. His chin rested on top of my head. 

   Soon, I could hear George snoring. I listened to his heart beat and focused on his breathing patterns. Quickly, my eyes grew heavy as I felt the feeling of sleep beginning to take over my body. A small smile displayed on my lips as I fell asleep. Happy and warm, with the love of my life besides me.