Frank Perconte Imagine #1

AN: Requested by @broceliiande, I know this isn't exactly how you wanted it, but I did my best. I hope you enjoy!

  I took a deep breath of the air, adjusting the helmet that resting on my head and slinging my rifle's strap over my shoulder. A smile on my face and my pride high. I was the first woman in the Paratroopers and I was actually out on the front line. Finally getting some action! Juts like the rest of the Replacements, I was more than excited to being getting in the war and get to kill some Germans. 

  I looked over at my good friend O'Keefe. He had been my battle buddy since the beginning of Paratrooper training. And tonight the two of us were set on watch duty with one of the originals of Easy Company. In which I believe his name was Frank Perconte.

   "You ready for this? Training for all this time and now we are finally here," I breathed out, getting the attention from the male walking besides me. I stopped for a moment to look back in front of me. Seeing the small ocean of soldiers heading over to their destination. "Right in Europe."

   "Hell yeah, I am. There ain't no way I would miss out on this, Y/N. Not after all that shit back in Camp Toccoa. I'm finally here, and I'm going to do my part," he responded. His head held high with a smile on his face. I chuckled and nodded, continuously walking. That was, until I heard someone shout my name.

  "Private Y/N L/N!" the voice boomed. Nearly dropping my weapon and my helmet falling off, I turned around to the direction of which the loud voice was coming from. My eyes met with a taller man with a Captain's rank on the front of his helmet. So many thought ran through my mind in that moment.

  'Did I do something wrong already?' 'Is he going to say something to me because I'm a girl?' 'What could I have possibly done already?' 

  I gulped, realizing that is maybe wasn't the brightest thing to sit and think when a superior officer is yelling your name. I already was a replacement, and in this day of age, being a woman wasn't the easiest thing in the world.

  Jogging over to the officer, I stood at attention and swallowed hard. "Here, sir," I breathed out, pressing my lips tightly together. I watched as he looked down at me, smirking slightly, and letting out a chuckle. 

  "You'd think that the first female in the Paratroopers would be a little bigger, no?" he asked a soldier besides him. Who just let out a small laugh as his eyes scanned me. My blood slowly boiled, but I kept my silence. "You need to find a soldier by the name of Frank Perconte, one of his soldiers within his small squad was killed. You're replacing him. Now get moving."

   Before I could even ask where Perconte was, the officer turned around and walked off. I sighed as I just turned around. Looking to see if I could find O'Keefe but he was lost in the mass of soldiers, but he was nowhere in sight. Sighing once more i just took it upon myself to find Perconte and get it over with. I was supposed to meet him later on tonight, but I guess not anymore.

///

   It took about and hour of asking around, getting ignored, cat called, I finally found him. I approached the smaller Italian  who stood talking to a few other soldiers and tapped on his shoulder. I waited for him to turn around. Tapping my boot against the hard dirt and chewing on the inside of my lip. 

  He turned around and narrowed his eyes at me, doing a slight double take. Its understandable that he probably hasn't seen a girl wrapped up in all this ever. "Are you, uh lost? Nurse?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows slightly. The only women that could be seen in near combat areas were the nurses. But, I don't know what gave him that idea, I don't even have the red cross arm band on.