Lewis Nixon Imagine #2

Lewis Nixon walked throughout the town East company was stationed in down in Austria. He wasn't the only Paratrooper though. Easy Company was scattered all around but Lewis managed to sneak away by himself for a while. He was honestly not caring about all the trinkets and clothes that they other men were buying for souvenirs or whatever. Lewis just wanted to fill his flask and find some more alcohol in general. He wasn't in the mood for all that. The poor man was still heartbroken about his wife leaving him and taking the kids. And the dog! It wasn't even her dog! So the tail chasing game that most other Paratroopers were doing, just wasn't what Nixon wanted to do it.

  He walked around, looking at each stand and walking into each little store, just trying to find what he wanted. Any type of alcohol would do. Nixon wasn't picky at this moment of time. He would make do with anything. He was desperate. So his search continued. Not many stores seemed to sell any types of it. Or they were simply just sold out. But, with every time he didn't find the alcohol he so desperately "needed". The more frustrated he became. 

  He entered a store and as he walked through the door frame, Lewis collided with someone. Well, more like someone collided with him and they fell back while he kind of just stumbled a bit. He looked down and saw the slightly disheveled looking woman the sat on the floor. He was still slightly dazed at what just happened. Though, when Lewis realized what had just happened, he immediately reached down and helped the woman up and help her gather her dropped items. 

  "I'm real sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going," he stated as he gathered the items she dropped back into the little basket she seemed to be carrying. When he looked up at her whilst he was kneeling to see what she would say, he froze. He watched as she smiled and a chuckle left her lips. He was flabbergasted, he was just in awe. Her H/C was down and pushing back from the gust of wind that blew through the open door and windows of the store. Her big E/C eyes were free for him to see, along with the rest of her face. Let me just say, no woman seemed to make Mr. Lewis Nixon freeze up as much as this new mystery woman.

  "Oh no, no need to apologize. I was the one that ran into you after all!" she laughed slightly, brushing off  the skirt to her dress. The woman's Austrian accent just complimented her voice, in a way the Lewis couldn't describe to himself.  She smiled at him and extended a hand towards the American in front of her. "Nice to meet you Yank, my name is Y/N L/N," she said sweetly. And with that, Lewis nodded and took her hand into his. Giving it a nice firm shake. 

  "Nice to meet you too. The name is Lewis Nixon. Say, you know of any places that sell alcohol?" he asked. He released Y/N's hand and she nodded towards him. Nixon watched as she picked up her basket with some groceries and placed the handle between the crook of her left arm. She smiled at him,

  "Of course, just follow me. I need to buy some wine anyways," Y/N spoke as she began walking out of the shop. To which Lewis followed close behind. Why was he even following her? He could've found it himself or just asked for directions. So why did he choose to follow a stranger? Lewis just pushed the thoughts int the back of his head as he just thought about the number one priority. Finding some sort of alcohol. 

/// 

  After about ten minutes of walking, Y/N led Nixon to a little stand. It was a dream come true for little old Lewis Nixon. It wasn't a big stand, but it had a good amount of alcohol. All different kinds of whiskey, wine, bourbon, rum, you name it. Nixon was in heaven since it had been at least a few days of searching and rummaging around in homes to find any type of alcohol. He looked at the collection with a wide smile and went to take out his wallet. He glanced on over at Y/N, who was buying a single bottle of wine. He pressed his lips into a thin line and a small thought went and filled his mind. 

  'I should buy her that wine. I mean she did help me out after all,' Lewis thought as he gazed at the woman. He looked down at the wallet in his hand and back up at the Austrian woman. Nixon nodded to himself and approached the young woman. And just like that, all the swagger that he thought he had, melted away as soon as she turned to face him with a smile. "Say, let me buy that wine for you. I'm buying a couple bottles of whiskey already. And, you did show me this place after all," Nixon rambled. His voice all hurried and seemed to be filled with panic almost. Y/N smiled at him and a small laugh left her lips. In that moment Nixon's stomach filled with butterflies. He smiled at her as he scratched the back of his neck.

  "Why thank you Lewis," she said as she handed him the small bottle of wine. Lewis nodded with a warm smile as he grabbed three bottles of whiskey and placed them on the counter, with the bottle of wine. Y/N noticed the amount of whiskey he had grabbed. I hope he knew how strong Austrian whiskey is. "Say, Lewis. Do you know how strong that whiskey is? I bet you and your friends are really going to love it," she chuckled. Clearly not seeing that most of that whiskey was going to go to his own uses. He just didn't respond. Nixon was feeling a little embarrassed none the least. He never real felt embarrassed about his drinking problems. Hell, he often joked about it among his closer friends within the company. But now he was talking with a pretty Austrian girl, which could judge him for his problems. Like most would.

  Lewis paid for the wine and turned and handed her the bottle. A smile on his face. Y/N took the wine and gave him a warm smile. Lewis watched her place the wine in her basket that was filled with other groceries. "Thanks Mr. Nixon. Say, care to walk me home?" she asked sweetly. Her big E/C orbs staring up at the officer. Nixon of course reciprocated the smile and nodded. He placed the bags of whiskey in his satchel like bag he had and began walking with her.

///

   The walk to Y/N's little cabin took about thirty minutes all together. The walks was spent talking about random things. Not like small talk type of things, but all different types of things. From fears to stories about Nixon being apart of the war. It was quite nice. Nixon hadn't had something like there where he just sat and talked and just walked without the anxiety of German soldiers killing him and his men. So he was really taking in this moment and enjoying it. Though, when the two reached the cabin, Lewis had an odd feeling of sadness in his chest. He looked at Y/N who was placing her basket at the front door before turning to walk back.

  "Thanks for walking me home, I hope you'll be able to make it back to the camp alright. And here," she beamed, pausing to pull out a piece of paper and a pen out of her basket. Nixon watched as it seemed she was scribbling down some numbers. "Here is my home phone. Calm me later, I would like to see you again," she finished. Nixon watched as she placed the paper in his hand. A smile on his face as he took it and placed the paper carefully in his pocket.

  "Yes ma'am," Nixon responded with a smile. Y/N looked at him and gave him a smile before turning to walk to her front door. Lewis waited until she was inside the house with her basket filled with groceries. He went to turn around but Y/N poked her head out of her door and gave a cheeky wink before going right back inside of her house. Lewis laughed and shook his head and let out a hearty laugh. And like that, he headed back to the camp.

///

   When Lewis made it back, Richard walked up in front of him. Nixon looked up at him whilst he took off his satchel like bag and placed it on his cot. "Word got around that you were walking around with a pretty girl there Nix," Richard spoke, a small smile on his face as he talked to his best friend.  Nixon scoffed slightly and looked at him.

  "And so what if I was?" he asked sarcastically as he stood up straight and crossed his arms. With that, Richard looked down and laughed slightly. He was happy his friend was happy, or at least a little happy for something. He was having fun at least like the rest of the men.

  "There isn't, I'm just happy you're have fun," he said, putting his hands up in defense. He laughed slightly as he turned and walked out of the room. Lewis chuckled and shook his head slightly. The officer then dug his hand into his pocket and pulled out the folded piece of paper. He opened it and smiled at the multiple digits. With that, Nixon walked happily over to the closest phone and dialed in your numbers, not being able to wait to hear your voice again.