Buck Compton Imagine #1

AN: I know this took forever, but here is a request that I took pride in. So enjoy!

TW: Sexual Assault, swearing, early signs of PTSD

     We had just arrived in Belgium. Here we were in Bastogne. Snow covered the ground and our foxholes. I don't think I have ever felt this cold in my entire life. And I had just gotten to this forest along with the rest of Easy Company. Sitting in foxholes, watching the line, running from German artillery in the freezing cold down, day in and day out, was going to the companies and I's life for what seems a while. 

     I sighed as I trudged around Bostogne, walking past destroyed foxholes and perfectly fine ones that my closest friends sat in. I smiled and talked with a few, not really paying attention to where I was going. I slammed head on into someone, which this person was big and sturdy enough that I fell completely backwards and right onto my ass. My helmet fell in front of my face. I was a stupid female replacement that just bumped into a big guy that I had no idea who he was. I lifted the front of my hard helmet out of my line of vision and looked up. I was met with the piercing blue eyes of what I believe to Lieutenant. Oh god. Oh shit. I stood up faster than I ever have in my life, my twenty year old mind running faster than it had ever ran before. I gulped, picking up my rifle and standing in front of the officer. 

      "Sir, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to run into you like that, I just wasn't paying attention. Oh god I'm going to be written up for insubordination," I rambled, my anxiety levels rising. I scanned over his body quickly for any injuries out of spite, even though I was the one who fell back and he still stood there built like a stone wall. I looked back into his face, a small smile was there and a soft chuckle left his lips. My anxiety decreased slightly as I stopped rambling and swallowed.

     "No need to panic Corporal L/N," he said, raising his hand slightly in a way to tell me to relax. How did he even know who I was, I was just another replacement. "Say, aren't you the new Female replacement that was the top of her class?" He asked, he seemed pretty nice. I smiled softly. I stood at attention to answer the officer, but before I could speak a word he stopped me. "Relax L/N, no need to be like that with me," he said kindly. I relaxed my body, slinging my rifle's strap back over my shoulder.

      "Yes sir, I am the first female to be in the airbourne sir, and I graduated top of my basic training and airborne school sir," I had a proud look on my face. I was really proud of myself. I defied the minds of hundreds of thousands of people. Being a woman in this world, it was thought that I belonged in the kitchen, cooking, cleaning, having kids and being a stay at home wife. I wanted nothing to do with that future. I had my own future. I was meant to be different and change the futures for people. Not just women in America, but the poor people suffering in this war. I made it through Basic Training and Airbourne, getting away from the mistreatment and denial for my gender. Hell, my family disowned me for making my decision to join. But, being true to myself and many others around the world and going into the future, I was proud of myself. 

     "I'm Buck Compton, it is nice to meet you Miss L/N. But I gotta get going, I'll see you around," he said nicely and respectfully. He gave my hand a shake and slight nod and carried on walking past me. My hand tingles for a few moments after his hand left mine. It was a strange feeling that I didn't quite understand at that moment. And without the understanding of the feeling, I just pushed the thought away, not thinking anything of it.

     A week has passed since we have been in Bastogne. German Artillery has been the worst thing on our Company as of right now. So many casualties. But with the rate of how many times they kept blowing up the fucking trees around all of us, it became almost normal. Sad to say right? Either way, I had gotten close with a good amount of men now. I've gotten close with Buck, Leibgott, Malarkey, Muck, Penkala, Babe Hefferon, and a few others. They were all very kind to me. Of course they flirted, but it was all in good fun. I hope.