David Webster Headcanon #1

The Reader And Webster Are Old Friends

-You and David had met on a college tour when the two of you were touring Harvard.

-You had a hard time keeping up with the small group 

-Which David noticed.

-Along with your sudden attractiveness to him.

-(I felt stupid typing that)

-Like the smooth guy (not really) that he is, he went and jogged up you.

-Trying to assist you and immediately beginning to brag about his literature skills.

-And when you sarcastically shot him down with your extreme medical knowledge.

-He was struck in awe.

-And from there the two of you hit it off.

-Spending the rest of tour chatting away as you walked through the many halls.

-And at the end of your tour, you guys made plans to get a cup of coffee at a small coffee shop. 

-Which you humbly excepted and went on your two separate ways.

-When the day came for the coffee date, it decided to pour.

-Meaning when you entered the coffee shop, you were completely soaked.

-And David, who was trying his best to be nice, gave his jacket to wrap around your shoulders when you sat down.

-The small date went well, and you two had planned more and more.

-One after the other.

-Especially when the two of you started officially dating and you two started at Harvard.

-Him studying literature while you studied nursing.

-Though, when America was brought into the war, study dates and such came to strong halt as David signed up for the airborne and was off like a rocket.

-You two decided to send letters, but one day they stopped coming.

-Assuming the worst, you decided to do you part as well.

-With your medical knowledge, you went a signed up to become a nurse.

-Though, with all the spots filled, you signed up to become a medic and go through airborne school

-Surprising, being a female, you were allowed. 

-Since you weren't among the original men, you were a replacement.

-So when you got there, you were place in Dog Company.

-But the immediate search for David began.

-Praying that he survived and or he wasn't injured.

-The day you saw him, you had bustled through man after man, asking of his name.

-And in the midst of asking a random solider, you heard his voice.

-The voice you missed oh so much.

-Snapping your head towards the noise, you saw his face.

-It was like your heart exploded with fireworks and butterflies filled your stomach.

-"DAVID FUCKING WEBSTER OH MY FUCKING GOD-"

-His head turned immediately, a confused look on his face,

-But when he saw his woman, he was still very confused, but over joyed.

-Wrapping you in his arms tightly and taking a deep breath.

-Like a moment of clarity.

-As if there wasn't a war surrounding them.

-After that, the two f you were inseparable.

-Like wherever you were he was.

-And vice versa.

-That was until a shell casing hit you in the stomach, puncturing an artery.

-You survived, but were sent home.

-With no way of being able to communicate with your love that was still overseas.

-So after months of waiting, when you got the news that the war was over in Europe.

-You were more than overjoyed.

-And you can bet your ass you were standing at that train station, waiting for David.

-And when he walked off and saw you, I don't think he has ever ran that fast in his life.

-He was so scared that he lost you.

-He had no idea how you made out when you were shipped out on that medical jeep.

-He thought he lost you.

-And when he saw you, got to hold you tight within his arms, and put his lips on yours, it was the best feeling in the world.

-It was from that day on, the two of you vowed never to leave each other's sides. Ever again.