Richard Winters Imagine #5

AN: Requested by @peace1lovepeeps. I hope you like it!

  Richard Winters got a chance he probably wasn't going to get in a long time. The higher ups had offered him a weekend pass so he could go to Paris whilst they had been stationed in France. Of course, knowing that it would have been probably a very long time before he got a chance to go out and see something nice. Something so much better and different instead of the amount of death he had seen prior. And maybe this trip to Paris would help ease the officer's mind. After the past few weeks, poor Dick's mind had been a mess. Especially after Holland. Those events had been burned into the officer's mind for some reason. Certain things just wouldn't leave his thoughts. But the redhead just hoped that this little trip would ease his mind.

///

  The ginger headed officer arrived in Paris and looked around at the many people that were bustling around the city. American military personnel walked around. Mostly men in the Army and Air Force. Some sailors here and there. Many had french girls wrapped around their arms as they walked and flirted. Richard just cleared his throat and flattened down the bottom of his dress greens jacket. And began walking to find some sort of nice restaurant or diner. Really just some place where he can get a decent cup of hot coffee. 

  When Dick came in contact with a diner, he took a free seat outside with a nice little table that sat in front of him. A small white mug sat on top of the table. Steam rose up from the mug. Richard just stared at it. This place seemed so calm. So quiet. No Germans, no gunshots, no explosions. It seemed surreal for a moment. As if, there wasn't a war going on. That maybe nobody was dying from the gun fire or explosions. He took a deep breath and looked around. Officers from different branches sat around him at different tables. Smiles etched on their faces as they made jokes. Laughter erupted from a table behind him. The Paratrooper just took the warm mug in his hand. With a sigh of satisfaction as the warm feeling went through his body. He took a sip and with the hot liquid flowing down his throat. He glanced down at the little booklet in his hand and looked through it.

  Just in a few seconds, Richard finished his coffee and stood. The outside now packed with people. He dropped a few coins off for a tip and went off. Walking onto a train and sitting down. He sat down, looking around at the people that sat on on the train. A woman in an all white dress sat a few feet in front of him. The rank of her shoulder proved that she was apart of the Navy. Must've been a nurse. He caught the officers eyes. And when she noticed his stare, a small smile went to her lips as she gave him a little wave. He let out an awkward cough and his cheeks flushed. He gave a small wave back and looked away.

    As Winters looked around the train his eyes landed on a teenage boy that sat about five seats in front of him. The boy looked at Richard and gave him a quick and small smile. That is when Richard faded back into the events that unfolded back in Holland. The face of the first German he shot when he came to the Crossroads. A young teenage Kraut. Couldn't have been older than eighteen. His face when he saw Richard when he came over the mound was at the beginning was a smirk. It soon faded to into a face of fear when he really noticed the man that stood above him. And Richard shot him, not thinking twice. Twice right in the chest. That poor boys life was over in just seconds.

    Richard was snapped out his thoughts by a hand on his shoulder. His body jolted up in shock and he blinked. He was back on the train. It was dark. He sat there, trying to reprehend how long he had been on the train. The officer's gaze traveled up to his left. There stood the pretty Navy Nurse and the teenage boy looking at him. The boy was speaking hurried French whilst the Nurse put her hand up to silence him, motioning to the fact that she could handle this.

  "Sir, the train came to it's last stop. It is now past midnight," her voice was soft. Richard watched as her lips moved so perfectly. He nodded, thanking the boy and standing and glancing at the woman. Looking down at her and giving her a small smile. She grinned back up at him and the three people walked on out of the small building and headed out onto the open streets. The teenage boy went off whilst Richard stood there, placing his garrison cap on top of his head. The stranger of a female let out a soft sigh as she walked up besides him. He looked down at her.

   "Thanks for snapping me out of my thoughts back there," he began, turning his body towards the female. "And may I ask for your name?"

  She turned and looked up at him. A smile coming to her face. "Well, Captain. My name is Y/N. Y/N L/N. I'm a Navy Nurse. I work at the hospital around here. I just have my day off today," she spoke softly. Her voice tender, very soothing. In a way she reminded Richard of his own Doc Roe. "May I catch your name sir?"

   "No need to call me sir," Richard stuck out his hand to the woman in front of him. "Call me Richard Winters." Y/N took his hand within hers. Dick being the gentleman and man who loves old school traditions. He lifted her hand up, bent down slightly and kissed the top of her knuckle. His eyes looking up into hers.

  "Why, aren't you the gentlemen Captain Winters. Say, how about you and I take a walk around the city?" Y/N offered, her cheeks flushing with the color pink. Her lips carried a smile. Winters stood himself up straight, a smile coming to his lips. He nodded. And off the two went, walking through the streets of Paris, only lit up by the street lamps that lined the streets.

  The two walked around for hours. Speaking about everything they have seen and had to deal with. Their jobs very different in range. Richard, in charge of leading men to kill and take over the enemy. Y/N's job is to save lives, no matter what. Though, strangely the two got along quite well. They clicked almost instantly. And for Richard, his mess of a head seemed to fade whilst they spoke. He even walked her back to the hospital she worked and lived in. 

   "Well Richard, thank you for walking and talking with me. I hope one day, our paths will meet again. If you want, write to me. You know where I'll be Captain," Y/N spoke fondly. Throughout that night, the two flirted back and forth. It was quite nice actually. They barely knew each other more than four hours, but they fit together so well. It was like they knew each other for years. Richard looked down at the female and smiled, nodding slightly.

  "Well Petty Officer L/N, that sounds like an amazing idea. I think I will write to you. And don't worry, our paths will meet once this war is over. I promise that," Richard reassured. Y/N went on her tip toes, pressing her lips softly on his cheek and then pulling away. A grin plastered on her lips as Richard's face heated up. His hand reached to the spot where her lips just were on cheek.

   "Well Sir, I'll hold you to it. There'll be more where that came from. And I'll be expecting a letter soon," She winked and placed her hands on her chest slightly. Richard looked down and smiled.

   "Yes ma'am," and with that, she winked and took a step back. She turned and began walking up the stairs to reach the hospital main doors. She turned and smiled at Richard. He stood there, watching her walk away, a sad feeling washing over him. Not wanting to leave her. 

   "This isn't a goodbye Richard Winters! Just a see you later!" she called out before entering the hospital. Richard laughed slightly and shook his head. Turning around on his heels and walking back to the house he was staying at. Thinking to himself that he might've just fallen in love with a random woman. But, he was sure he would keep the promise he made to that Navy Nurse. And he immediately began writing up a letter to send to her.