Chaper 16

Dark ran towards the moorland Shadow was looking at a tree. The leaves were turquoise and the trunk was purple and blue. “How did you find this!?” Dark asked utterly mystified.
“I just ran into it,” Shadow said his eyes locking with the trees leaves.
    “GET AWAY!” Fangs voice rang through the trees.
    “What’s wrong?” Dark asked.
“This is the Mystic Leaf. My mother took me here for comfort. This is my only memory of her. I don’t need anyone here… AT ALL!” Fang growled. Dark trotted past her all the way back to the camp Shadow following. When she got back she heard a hissing. Three cats were standing there. One of them was hissing. It ran ran fast for a cat swiping a claw at Bright Fang one of the caretakers. She moaned loudly. Dark ran over but stopped as the scratch on Bright Fang glowed white. The white spread across her body. Her body started to peel off itself into a pile of ashes. Dark widened her eyes at the sight. “Bu-but Lily… whos going to take care of her now?” Dark asked. Stripe Claw with his red striped back and black underbelly, rushed over to the pile of ashes moaning louder than Bright Fang had. Dark felt pity for both of them. Tears started to rush down Stripe Claws cheeks. Snow Catcher walked up to Stripe Claw giving him an herb to calm him. She took Stripe Claw to the healers den. Ice Tail and Eagle Heart walked up to the ashes calling on the Hunters for burial of the ashes. What did that cat do!? Dark thought. Dark walked up to Slate who was looking at the ground where the ashes once stood motionless. “Slate,”
Dark called softly. “What do you think that cat did?” She asked.
    “I-I-I don’t know… it was crazy! Cats have never been seen with powers!” Slate yelled, “WHYYYYYYYY!?”
    “Slate stop! I’m serious! How did that cat get powers!?” Slate shook her head shrugging. Dark rolled her eyes. Slate has just gotten stupider ever since Shadow moved in to the den. Dark thought annoyed. Eagle Heart and Ice Tail walked into the alpha den talking. Dark saw Fang come into the camp looking sad. Dark trotted up to her. “What’s wrong? The Mystic Leaf thing?” Dark asked.
    “My memories of Griffin Wing just make me feel more sad that she’s gone. I mean look at you. You have both parents! I don’t think you know what it feels like to lose your mom!” Fang growled running to her den tears rolling down her cheeks. Dark sighed does everyone hate me? Dark thought heading for Yins den to see Shadow. Shadow came out of the den surprised to see her.
    “Dark!” He exclaimed.
“Wait a second!” Dark growled as Yin followed him looking smug. “You like Yin better!” Dark growled running off to Spotted. “Dark!” He yelled running to her side, “you look miserable! What happened!?”
    “Shadow happened!” Dark growled.
“What do you mean Shadow happened?” Spotted asked.
    “He was like an early mate to me. But I saw him and Yin. Yin had a smug look on like she stole Shadow away,” Dark growled looking at the ground.
    “The next time I see Shadow i’ll give him a thorough warning about me and you. I’ll make him mad he chose her before you,” Spotted said. Dark was a little reassured but she still couldn’t get the feeling of sadness for Shadow and Yin off her mind. Dark walked away from Spotted looking for Fang. “Fang?” Dark said. Fang was digging a hole in the ground. Near the camp entrance. “What!?” Fang snapped.
    “What are you doing?” Dark asked.
“My favorite leaf when I was little. The Mystic Leaf’s leaves are everlasting. They don’t crumple up. They stay fresh for a really long time. I buried my favorite leaf. It’s not turquoise like the others. It’s a lighter turquoise so more or less the same but a lighter shade of it,” Fang said.
    “Shadow is with Yin" Dark breathed
"Lemme guess smug face?" Fang said turning to face Dark.
"Yes.." Dark said Fang started to laugh "have you ever SEEN Yin before today?", Fang asked.
"Mmmmmh… only once and that was the day you assigned den partners" Dark said.
"Well go look at her now" Fang said throwing her head in a Yins direction.
Dark looked in the direction that Yin was in she was teasing her brother Yang.
"She probably messing around with him about not having a girlfriend when she has a boyfriend" Dark spat bitterly.
"Oh Dark come with me" Fang said walking towards Yin, Dark followed.
"Hey Yin!" Fang called. Dark looked at Fang .
"Is this a good Idea?" Dark asked
"Of course!" Fang said as Yin and Yang came over to Fang Shadow isn't around… but he's with Yin now… Dark thought bitterly.
"Yo Fang hehe" Yin was laughing.
"Yo what's up?" Fang said.
"I put bullet ants in Yang's den" Yin said smirking
"NOT FUNNY!" Yang called from his den.
"Also I was talking to Shadow he accidentally told me about his girlfriend. The poor boy was scared that I'd disintegrate him for no reason" Yin said "he's actually moaning around right now because Dark yelled at him for thinking he was with me it's kinda awkward."
    “But he is with you,” Dark growled.
“No he sleeps in my den at night. Why do you think he walked out with me?” Yin asked.
    “Because you had a smug look! You stole him!”
“Oh please! He’s a fox i’m a wolf and I don’t like foxes in that way. Besides I looked smug because I told him a fact about eagles he had never heard before,” Yin said.
    ‘Well… that changes things… BUT SHADOW IS SLEEPING IN FANGS DEN TONIGHT GOT IT!” Dark growled menacingly. Yin rolled her eyes “foxes” shere muttered under her breath. Dark ran into Yins den. “Are you in there Shadow?” Dark asked.
    “Yes I am and I totally am sorry for what happened because Yin told me a fact about eagles and you saw her smug look and I thought ‘oh no Dark hates me’ and then you were all like ‘Shadow is with Yin’ and th-” Shadow was cut off by Dark.
    “Did you know I did not hear a single word you said since you talked like… REALLY FAST!?” Dark asked.
    “Uhhhhhh… about that…heh heh” Shadow said “sorry I guess… uhhhh yeahhhhhhhh...”
    “UGH! you always say sorry to me when it’s unnecessary!” Dark said chasing him out of the den. Dark stopped in the middle of the forest. “Snake,” she said as a huge dark green snake lunged at them, it’s teeth ready to sink into their flesh. Shadow lifted it into a tree by its blood. The snake leaped down right onto Darks neck. It bit right into her neck not letting go. Shadow gasped lunging for the snake. Darks vision blurred, everything looked weird. The last thing she saw was a dead snake under Shadows grasp.