Chapter 18

Dark watched as Fang Fell to the ground unconscious. Sea came up to Fang.
“NO!” Shadow said leaping at Sea tearing a giant bloody gash in Sea's back. Sea screeched in pain then ran away.
“Who is she!?” Dark asked.
“That doesn’t matter! She needs to be healed after what Shadow did!” Silver Wing said..
    “Whatever.” Dark said running to Shadows side. “Ss?” Dark asked. Shadow nodded slowly glaring at Silver Wing as she gasped running to fangs side. Dark walked side by side with Shadow.
“I wish Silver Wing wasn’t so mean! She is always in everyone's way trying to care for them!” Shadow growled.
“It’s not her fault she was trained that way Shadow,” Dark said leaning closer to Shadow as they walked.
“Well… I don’t know… I’ve always been rejected by my mother…” Shadow said sighing.
“Really!?” Dark said surprised.
“She hated me because I have a dark power. Her power is light…”
    “Your mother is bling as stupid as that. Yeesh.” Dark said. Just then Spotted came running through the forest.
    “Eagle Heart wants me, Shadow, and Dark,” Spotted said tilting his head back to camp.
    “Where is he?” Dark asked.
“I’ll take you. I’m in this conversation too.” Spotted replied. They ran back to camp into the den the wolves had made for Eagle Heart.
    “What do you need?” Dark asked.
“I have decided you are trained enough. It’s time you earned your new names. I’ll gather the pack.” Eagle Heart said walking out of the den. Dark felt a rush of joy bubble up inside her. She ran out into the clearing.
"Good for you" Yin said. Yin was sitting down near Eagle Hearts den.
She heard our conversation! Dark thought.
"Well see ya… you know Fang was saying she would love to see you become a hunter or protector… but I guess that won’t happen" Yin said standing up.
    “Why isn’t she gonna see it?” Dark asked.
"Your freaky boyfriend put her in a coma, duh" Yin growled.
    “HE'S NOT FREAKY!” Dark screamed.
“I’ve known Fang for years the only wolf who brought her down was Scar Claw… and that was years ago This is bad for our pack you know… she might never wake up” Yin said walking away.
    “But isn’t there someone Ice Tail trusts enough to put in charge if Fang doesn’t wake up!?” Dark called after Yin.
"You see… all of them were murdered in cold blood… so we don't expect to trust another Wolves life to be murdered for nothing by… Lion Scar.. again" Yin said but the last three words were quiet but Dark could still hear her. Suit yourself jerk! I won’t let anyone insult Lion Scar or Shadow! Dark thought. Just then Ice Tail ran past her.
    “All foxes gather here at the wolf packs Bloodstone!” Eagle Heart called. This is it! Dark thought.
    “Spotted.” Eagle Heart beckoned Darks brother to the front of the Bloodstone.
    “You have earned a rightful place along our pack as a great Hunter. I give you from this point on your new hunter name, Spotted Flame!” Spotted Flame dipped his head to Eagle Heart as Eagle Heart flew down and touched Spotted Flames nose with his.
“Shadow.” Eagle Heart beckoned sitting back down on the Bloodstone.
“You have earned a rightful place along our pack as a great Hunter. I give you from this point on your new hunter name, Shadow Slayer!” Eagle Heart did the same he did with Spotted Flame to Shadow Slayer.
“Dark.” He beckoned her like he did with the others. Darks mind shook with questions. What's my new name? Will I have a good future if I get a bad name? Is Eagle Heart disappointed in me so he gives me a bad name like Dark Poop? Dark looked into his eyes. He was proud!
“You have earned a rightful place along our pack as a great Protector. I give you from this point on your new Protector name, Dark Moon!” Eagle Heart leaped down touching Dark Moons nose. She could feel Shadow Slayers loving gaze on her. After the name ceremony was done and everyone separated, Ice Tail Ran over to Eagle Heart with tears rolling down his cheeks. Dark Moon watched as Eagle Hearts eyes widened with surprise. They ran  the healers den to a place together. What are they doing? Dark thought. She ran over to the healers den listening to the alphas conversation.
“Eagle Heart my daughter Fang… she might die!” Ice Tail cried "I lost Griffin Wing now my only daughter…"
“Well… I have an idea but… but… it’s more dangerous than anything anyone has ever done… but it will help Fang…”
"No I can't she… she can get through this… i hope… anyways I'm not going to be in my den for a while… please… protect Shadow Heart he’s the only other wolf I trust to lead…"Ice Tail said quietly
“No! I know how to do this! I have seen this happen before… you have to journey to Time Keeper. An ancient wolf.” Eagle Heart said.
"AND I SAID WON'T I WILL NOT LEAVE MY PACK NO MATTER WONT I WILL NOT LEAVE MY FAMILY!" Ice Tail yelled
“YOU don’t have to. But i’m sure you have useless wolves somewhere. Unless I can send a fox. Will you accept my offer. It’s the only way. oTherwise she will be in an eternal sleep.
"NONE IS USLESS! WE RESPECT EVERYONE HERE AND I DOUBT A FOX WOULD WANT TO HE-"
“I’ll do it!” Dark Moon said stepping into the den.
"NO! DON'T YOU DARE! I WILL STAY BY MY DAUGHTER SHE HAS SURVIVED HER HEART BEING RIPPED OUT OF HER BODY! SO SHE CAN RECOVER FROM THIS! END OF DISCUSSION!" Ice Tail yelled running to Silver Wings den.
“YOUR NOT EVEN MY ALPHA ICE TAIL!” Dark Moon growled challengingly.
"YOUR NOT MY FAMILY! YOU CAN'T DO THIS! I FORBID YOU LET ME REMIND YOU WHOS TERRITORY YOU'RE ON!"
“I DON’T CARE! FOX TERRITORY IS FINE BY NOW ANYWAY!”
"THEN GET OUT! AND DON’T EVER COME CLOSE TO MY DAUGHTER!" Ice Tail yelled swiping at Dark Moon with Ice claws missing by a hair on purpose.
“Well… well… I-” Dark Moon was interrupted by the sound of wailing in the clearing. Snow Catcher came running in grabbing several herbs. Rain followed her.
“What's happening!?” Dark Moon asked.
“One of the Caretakers is having her pups!” Rain said rushing outside to the clearing. Dark Moon rushed out after her.
    “Is that what really happens with pups!?” Shadow slayer asked trotting up to Dark Moon. Dark Moon listened closer.
    “It’s Tree Tail.” Dark Moon said. Dark Moon saw Rain drive Tree Tails Mate Sun Tail out of the den. Sun Tail looked terrified. Dark Moon heard paw steps coming up behind her.
    “Fang!?” Dark Moon was overjoyed to see her okay.
"Hey Dark… Moon… I'm sorry I couldn't come see your naming ceremony…" Fang said looking down ashamed.
“It’s okay Fang. When are you getting YOUR new name anyway?” Dark Moon asked.
"Tomorrow! I can’t wait to sign my name on the Bloodstone!" Fang said cheerfully.
    “You sign your names on the Bloodstone? Well we foxes sign our names in our dens to see what dens were for each partnership over the years.” Dark Moon replied. “Oh, and yes for honor too.”
"We leave our names for a different reason. It’s to symbolize that we have moved on to a new life."
    “Dark Moon!” Shadow Slayer came up to her.
    “Misty had died fighting a coyote patrol with Bark Wing, Leaf, me, Crow Swoop and Jay Light! Eagle Heart has no one to pass on the job of alpha now! Poor Misty, she was destined to be an alpha as Eagle Heart’s daghter but now…”
    “What coyote killed her?” Dark Moon asked digging her claws into the dirt.
"Shadow… uh… whats your name?" Fang asked confused.
    “Its Shadow Slayer. You couldn’t have known so it’s okay.” Shadow Slayer said with a shrug.
"And I'm here to lead HER away from YOU!" Sea growled from the shadows.
"WANNA GO!?" Shadow Heart yelled
"YOU ALMOST KILLED HER!" Sea yelled back
"What!?" Dark yelped
"HE BURST ONE OF HER VEINS AND SQUEEZED HER HART!" Sea yelled
"WHY ARE YOU DIRTY RATS HERE ANYWAYS!?" Sea spat It was turning Dawn now.
"Ok let's sort this out after we go to bed" Dark Moon suggested
"Fine but HE stays in one of the empty dens" Sea growled
"Fine" Shadow slayer said. As Sea wached Fang and Dark Moon head to Fangs den. Fang and Dark Moon settled down in the cave and whent to sleep