Chapter 30

Dark Moon woke up. Her underbelly was burning with pain. She tried to get up but Rain Fall stopped her.
    “You still need the last stitch.” RainFall said.
“Stitches!?” Dark Moon yelled. “What happened!?”
    “Scar Claw ripped open your underbelly with his bone claws scraping you badly enough for stitches.” Rain Fall replied. Dark Moon layed back down. She saw Shadow Slayer pacing restlessly outside.
    “So… are you done?” Dark Moon asked.
“Patience.” RainFall said.
    “UhhhhhGGGGGGGGGGG WHY!?” Dark Moon yelled. “WHY AM I SO STUPID!?”
    “Your not stupid Dark Moon your young.” Rain Fall replied.
    “You say that yet you're exactly my age.” Dark Moon growled.
    “Wisdom makes me seem older. I alone speak with Silver Pack. Alphas only speak to them on big emergencies.”
    “Attention all foxes!” Eagle Heart yelled. She saw foxes gather around.
“Since the death of Misty we have been sad. She was going to be our next alpha. But now, she’s dead. In her honor I give her a name she will remember. Misty Cloud!” Eagle Heart yelled his daughters name, proud to be there. Dark Moon could feel, Silver Pack watching them.
    “But we are still in need of an alpha when I die. So from now on, when I die…” Eagle Heart paused. “White Scar will be the next alpha when I die!” Eagle Heart shouted it. Dark Moon saw White Scar smile evilly. He was possibly the worst choice of all time! Dark Moon thought.
    “You're done. But be careful got it!?” Rain Fall said. Dark Moon nodded getting out of the nest limping over to Shadow Slayer who almost knocked her over with relief. Dark Moon looked at Eagle Heart. His muzzle was filled with white fur. If only he had chosen someone who could actually lead to pride… not war… Dark Moon thought. Who would be a good alpha though? Heron Feather? Sun Fang? Spotted Flame? Or… m… m… me?

Dark Moon and Shadow Slayer leaped over a rock racing to the ss. Shadow Slayer was going slower than usual so that Dark Moon could keep up on her painful stitched underbelly. Just then Shadow Slayer stopped. He jumped into a bush.
    “Shadow Slayer?” Dark Moon said confused. “Were already at the ss.” Suddenly Shadow Slayer jumped out of the bush with a rabbit. Fang Crystal came crashing through the trees then sprinted back faster than Dark Moon had seen her run.
    “She’s probably going back to the fight.” Shadow Slayer said.
    “What fight?” Dark Moon asked.
“The fight with Scar Claw.” Shadow Slayer said, narrowing his eyes.
    “Wait. Scar Claw!? The REAL Scar Claw!?” Dark Moon said, widening her eyes astonished.
    “I’m not sure but if you ask Fang she’ll know.” Shadow Slayer said softly.
    “Well then why don’t we go right to the ss. It’s literally there.” Dark Moon said looking at the ss. “Also it’s Fang CRYSTAL!”
    “Ha!” Shadow Slayer ran ahead of Dark Moon. They rolled in the grass laughing. Dark Moon stopped. She fainted.

She woke up in the fox camp. But she and Shadow Slayer looked older. There were three pups playing in front of them.
    “Are those… my future pups!?” Dark Moon asked the air.
    “Yes they are.” A fox said landing beside her.
    “Who are you!?” Dark Moon asked.
“I am Owl Flight.” He said. Dark Moon could tell he was a fox of flight power by the wings on his back. His fur was creamy white, with white Feathers along his back.
    “Why did I need to see this?” Dark Moon asked.
    “Ah yes. The prophecy.” Owl Flight said. “One of your pups will be in a prophecy.”
    “What!?” Dark Moon yelped.
“Yes. That black one there. The other two are useless besides being more to the pack.”
    “HOW DARE YOU SAY MY PUPS ARE USELESS!” Dark Moon yelled barking.
“Well… the black one with blue eyes and blue markings has a power no fox has had in approximately 12 billion years.”
    “But what is the power!?” Dark Moon asked. “I need to be prepared for what happens!”
    “You will find out with Wisdom.” Owl Flight said disappearing.

Dark Moon woke up to Shadow Slayer. He was trying to do CPR on her.
    “You have got to stop fainting randomly!” Shadow Slayer growled. “You don’t know how much anxiety it causes me!”
    “Stop. Just stop.” Dark Moon said. “I had a vision.”
    “What!?” Shadow Slayer barked.
“One of our pups. A black one with blue eyes and blue markings. He will have a power none has had in 12 billion years. But the Silver Pack fox said nothing but answers are in Wisdom Or something like it.”
    “Why didn’t you have a vision sooner to tell me that US would work out!?” Shadow Slayer asked.
    “Owl Flight never told me what the power does. Just how rare it is.” Dark Moon replied.
    “Owl Flight!?” Shadow Slayer whispered, clearly shocked. Shadow Slayer looked away. A tear fell down his cheek.
    “Does it matter?” Dark Moon asked.
“Owl Flight was my father…” Shadow Slayer said.
    “But Snake Tail is your dad!?” Dark Moon said, confused.
    “Snake Tail doesn’t even know. Gold Heart is still my real mom. But after learning about her secret mate’s death. She was mates with Snake Tail. She had had me with Owl Flight. But he was dead by the time I was born. His death was the day before I was born… My mother managed to keep it a secret since she mated with Owl Flight way before because she was an apprentice” Shadow Slayer said.
    “Interesting. Sorry for your loss. But what a relief. For a second I thought you were gay and cheating on me.” Dark Moon said. Shadow Slayer rolled his eyes. They walked back to camp side by side.

When they got back, Dawn, an apprentice, walked up to them.
    “Looks like Shadow Moon is in the house!” She said laughing.
    “Why the ship? It’s obvious.” Shadow Slayer growled. Dawn smiled, “I reckon you have a ship too, don’t ya?” She asked.
    “Fine.” Dark Moon said. “I ship you and Crescent.”
    “UHG! NO WAY!” Dawn said, sticking her tongue out.

By the time it was night Dark Moon had curled up next to Shadow Slayer. He was her true love.