Something wrong with... Max?

"Blake!" He jerked up.

"W-what?" Purple chuckled.

"You ok? You zoned out. The bell rang." Blake murmured something as he grabbed his stuff and went out.

"Sorry... my family wasn't doing well... none of us could fall asleep..." He trailed off as he leaned on Purple and fell asleep. Purple smiled softly as he grabbed Blake's arm.

"Purple! Blake!" Blake jerked up as Whitley, one of Blake's friends (his girlfriend), ran over.

"Hey Whitley..." Purple said with a smile. She kinda frowned at that. She had faint circles under her eyes. "Did you get any sleep?" Blake motioned his hands before rubbing his eyes to avoid Purple noticing. Whitley took the note.

"The whole group couldn't sleep, apparently." Purple blinked.

"Don't you only need an hour of sleep?" She nodded.

"Yeah...but I never got it." She rubbed her eyes. Purple looked behind her to see Black and White leaning against each other, asleep. He sighed.

"You guys need to sleep." Blake murmured something. Purple blinked while Whitley smacked him, causing him to yelp.

"That's my line!" He looked away. She sighed. "That's not why I'm over here. You know the new kid, right?" Blake paused while Purple smiled.

"Yeah. Max. What about him?" She glanced around before speaking in a low voice.

"I know that it's only been a week... but he's acting weird. Constantly zoning out, not asking for help, not taking help... he's cut himself off from the rest of us." Max passed them. They paused as he disappeared around the corner. She frowned. "Can you please check on him? I'll worry about Black and White if you worry about him." Purple nodded.

"Catch you later." He and Blake followed Max to his house. Max went to a gate that was near Blake's. Blake frowned as Max struggled to open it.

"Max?" The small boy glanced at who spoke. He nodded in response and kept working on the gate. While Purple was looking around for monsters, he heard a quick yelp. He spun around to see Blake holding a frightened Max.

"What just happened? I looked away for two seconds." Blake smirked.

"And done." Purple paused as Max relaxed.

"What did you do..." Purple paused as Max's eyes flashed. He blinked as he looked up. His hand raised to move.

<Blake?> Blake smiled as Max noticed Purple. <Purple?> Purple frowned.

"Blake... what did you-" He was cut off by Max hugging him. He paused as Blake whispered in his ears.

"Mindal's nearby." Purple slightly growled.

"So that's why..." Blake nodded. Purple looked at Max, who was shaking. "Come on... lets get you inside."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The trio stepped inside. There was a small tunnel that opened up to a small clearing. A tree stood near the back of the clearing.

"Wow

"Wow..." Max smiled faintly.

<Yeah...> Blake put a hand on his shoulder.

"Why didn't you say that you lived next to me?" Max quivered.

<I-> The ground started shaking before he could finish. They ran out to see Mindal and a large monster. Max stumbled. Blake caught him.

"Stay here for a moment. You can join us in a minute." Max nodded. Purple glanced at Blake and smiled. The duo pulled out their poke-wands.

"PRECURE ON!"
***
A bright light surrounded the two boys. Inside the light was a silver, green, and blue background. Noivila appeared between them. Smoke covered Purple's body and his outfit appeared. Water did the same for Blake. The boys ran a hand through their hair, which changed it. A half-staff and quiver appeared in front of them. Their poke-wands were put into sheaths on their backs. They grabbed their respective items and landed.

"River of the Shallow Mind! Cure Dewott!"

"Speed of Chance! Cure Noivern!"

"Here and now! Pokemon Precure Duet!"
***
The two cures raced at the monster while Max pulled something out of his bag. He pressed it against his neck and breathed in and out. He then put the item in his bag and pulled out the poke-bell. He rang it as he mouthed.

"PRECURE ON!"
***
A bright light surrounded him. Inside the light was a pearl background. Mimkyu appeared next to him. He rang the bell, which changed his hair. He hugged his chest and his outfit appeared. The bell went into a pouch on his belt. Several items surrounded him. He grabbed them and landed.

"Stories and Dreams Combined! Cure Mimkyualre!
***
Mimkyualre jumped to help.

"Mimkyualre!" Dewott was smashed into the ground. The other two panicked.

"Dewott!" Mimkyualre glanced at Noivern.

"PINSURLA!"

The monster screeched as pain raced through it. The two boys stood together and brought out their pokeball. Noivila was above them.

"Precure Duet... on!"

Smoke, water and leaves raced around them. The pokeball glowed in rainbow colors.

"Leaf-Water Combo..."

The cures touched the button of the pokeball.

"Rainbow Mercenary!"

A rainbow beam raced at the monster. It circled the monster. Rainbow sparkles spread out struck the monster, calming it.

"Happy..." Mindal hissed.

"I'll be back..." He then vanished. The trio smiled as they deformed. They told Max what happened before Mindal's tricks.

<Darn it... I guess I have to apologize to some people...> Blake giggled.

"Hey... maybe we'll get a new attack soon!" Max stumbled. Blake caught him. "Let's get you home first. You're shaking." Max smirked.

<Not as much as Purple yesterday.> Purple held his head. Blake glanced at him before turning to Max.

"What do you mean?"

<I was on the third floor when he came in. He walked in with a cane and a bag.> Purple groaned.

"That was the worst!" The other two boys busted out laughing. Purple fumed. "Get back here!" Max smiled.

<Race you there!>