Chapter 16

3rd Person's POV:

      Everyone's eyes widened in shock, especially Russia's. "Y-you are supposed to be dead!" America growled. "Well...I don't think I am dead. Plus I'm not going to stay dead when people hurt my allies." Japan said standing back up. That's when Russia noticed blood on the side of Japan's head, and some more blood staining the side of his uniform. A new spot also appeared on his hand from the gun shot which he had blocked.
      China's eyes narrowed. "How are you alive, Aru?" he snarled, "America bashed your head against the wall several times and stabbed you." Japan opened his mouth to answer but closed it swaying on his feet slightly, due to not being fully recovered from the bombings. "He's alive because he is strong," Russia said pulling the Japanese nation behind him, "And he is my little brother. You two know what I do to people who hurt my family, Da?" The two enemy nations shivered and took several steps back as a dark aura surround Russia. "You know what...we are just going to leave..." America said quickly not wanting to deal with an angry Russian at the moment. "Yes..uh...good bye, Aru!" China said as he rushed out, followed by America. Though they were slightly scared, smirks appeared on their faces. Now they knew where the Capitalia's base is.
Japan's POV:

      I leaned against Russia as he watched China and America run off. Normally I wouldn't touch another nation...for certain reasons, but I couldn't stand up on my own, plus I thought of Russia more as a brother then another country now. Once they were out of sight, he helped me to one of the bedrooms, not wanting to leave me in the living room again. Slowly, we made our way down the hall since I couldn't walk very well, and we soon reached the bedroom. After checking over it to see if any more of the Allies were hiding inside the house, Russia helped me into the bed and went to go get a first aid kit. "With America and China back.....will the Allies beat us..." I couldn't help but think. I knew we had Russia on our side, but we have lost so many people....then again....so have the others. "I jus hope this all stops..and soon...."
      Soon, Russia came back in with the first aid kit and started treating the gun shot wound on my hand. After he finished wrapping it and wrapping bandages around my head, he asked me to removed my shirt so he could treat the wound on my side. I hesitated since I didn't like people seeing me without my shirt off...and I had several reasons too. Finally, I took my shirt of knowing that if my wound wasn't treated that it could get infected. I was conscious of Russia staring at me when my shirt was fully off and sitting next to me folded. "Japan...little brother...." Russia said his voice filled with sadness. I felt him gently take my arms and all I wanted to do was quickly pull away and hide. "Why..." was I all heard him say.
      Slowly, I looked over at my arms...even though I knew what was already there. Scars, old and new littered both of my arms. When I looked up at Russia's face, I noticed tears in the corners of his eyes. I sighed and slowly explained why. "I..I'm not strong enough...nor smart enough....." I said as I remembered all the words my so called mentor said to me. "I..I just don't belong here...." I was surprised when Russia pulled me into a hug. I couldn't handle it any longer. I broke down crying. Crying for the death of my friends and their capitals, for all the people that have died in this bloody war, and for every thing that had broken me. I just continued crying curling up into a ball in Russia's arms. He was surprised at first. I could tell. But then he gently rubbed my back and starts whispering soothing words to me. "Don't worry little brother....I will always be here to protect you..." he whispered. "I l-love you big brother...." I murmured as sleep started to steal me away from the waking world. "I love you too, little brother." were the last words I heard before I feel into a deep sleep.