Chapter 2

-Athena-

Nightshade Office, Toronto

It's now a little over a week since I came back and I've never felt more at ease. Nancy and the rest of the staff were shocked to see me at first but of course no one dared to question me when I got mad over my office having a thin layer of dust that had settled even though I had been gone for less than 4 days.

I myself was shocked when I walked into my apartment on the 7th floor of my 10 storey building to find dust gathered all over my furniture. Seriously though what's up with all this dust gathering around in just a matter of few days. I had to call in the cleaners to get the whole apartment spotless.

Now, as I'm sitted in my office, paint brush in my hand thinking of designs for the spring collection my mind races back to Ethan and his friends. Not even one phone call from my brother who didn't even want me to leave in the first place. The hypocrite.

They think I have lost my memory. I mean seriously, there is no way that has happened. I refuse to believe it. That and many other thoughts cloud my brain and I zone out which doesn't help as I fail to hear Nancy calling out to me.

''Athena.... hey...Athena,'' she says a few more times. ''Huh...ohh gosh, I'm so sorry; I zoned out.''

''Yeah I've noticed; you've been doing that a lot lately. Are you sure you're okay? you seem different.''

''I'm fine Nancy, it's nothing to worry about. So tell me, did you need something?''

''Ahh yes, there will be a board meeting this afternoon immediately after lunch. I believe it is to discuss the spring collection and your sudden comeback,'' she whispers the last part.

''ohh great, I was wondering when the meeting would happen. Seems like Clarissa is back huh?''

''umm...where did Clarissa go Athena?'' Nancy asks me with a raised brow.

''She was on maternity leave wasn't she, it's good that she is back the others will now behave,'' I reply.

''Athena...gosh Clarissa went on leave last year, right before you left, what's gotten into you?'' and with that she leaves my office.

''I'm perfectly fine, there is nothing wrong with me,'' I say to myself as I gather some of the designs and start uploading them to get them ready for the presentation.

I continue with my work when one of the juniors come to my office, ''May I come in Ma'am?'' he politely asks.

''I look up and I'm met with a geeky looking guy with rounded glasses, ''yes, please,'' I gesture him.

''Hi ma'am, I'm Tyler from the IT department.''

''Hello Tyler, how can I help you today?''

''uhhh actually ma'am......,'' he starts and starts rubbing the back of his neck nervously. I lean forward and tap my fingers waiting for him to continue.

''umm...it's my birthday today and I thought of giving something to everyone in the office, umm so if you would kindly accept this packet of cookies.''

A smile forms on my lips and I graciously accept his gift. ''Thank you for the cookies Tyler and Happy Birthday.''

''You're welcome and uhhh Thank you too ma'am, good day,'' and with that he leaves my cabin.

''Cookies huh?'' I stare at the packet, looks like he bought them from the nearby store. I open it and pop one in my mouth and by instinct a moan escapes me. I slap one hand over my mouth hoping that no one heard me. Shit. Shit. Shit.