Chapter 7

-Athena-

''Hii.... please come in, Nancy was just about to leave,'' I tell him and put away the ticket.

''I was nearby and thought I'd pass by and pay a visit and to apologize for the other night.''

''....and that is my cue to leave,'' Nancy says and walks out the office to her desk but not before turning to wink at me and mouth, 'hot.'

I ignore her and give my attention to the man standing in front of me, ''Hi...please sit. Although I was not expecting you today. The meeting is the day after tomorrow right?'' I ask him as I pull my schedule to confirm.

''Yeah it is, like I said before, I was nearby and thought I'd pay a visit,'' he replies.

''You were nearby, with flowers? Really? Because as far as I know, there are no florists around this area,'' I question him with a raise of my brows.

He chuckles at this, ''You're clever Athena. I must admit that I actually did come to see you and these....'' He hands the flowers to me, ''are for you.''

''Ohh you shouldn't have Leo. In fact, I'm the one who should be apologizing. I behaved like a jerk the other night. I shouldn't have. I'm sorry.''

''Apology accepted Athena. Though I want to clarify that I had no intention of bringing 'that' up. But a good thing came out of it.''

''What good thing?''

''At least I got to find out that you are single,'' he says with a playful smirk.

''Ohhhh.... uhhh haha yeah,'' I fluster breaking eye contact with him.

After a few seconds of awkward silence, he speaks up, ''So, would you like to maybe go for coffee?''

''Like now? Right now? Or-''

''Yeah Athena, right now.''

''Ohhh I'm sorry I can't today......I have a ton of work to do. I also need to finish working on some designs since they need to be presented in our meeting which by the way is in two days.''

''Well if you want, I could postpone the meeting. Say another 2 more days or maybe next week. Whenever you're comfortable. It could be our secret; I'll tell your board that we are cancelling because of some inconveniences from my end. I'm sure they'll readily agree.''

''That sounds nice but no thanks. I work well under pressure. Given the time limit, I can make it. You don't have to cancel the meeting for me.''

''Bummer. But I respect your decision. So I guess I'll see you in two days,'' he says in a polite manner and gets up to leave.

''Yeah.... see you then and umm.... thank you for these,''I gesture to the bouquet and flash him a smile. He mock salutes and leaves my office.

I guessing he might not have even reached the 16th floor and Nancy rushes inside. ''Oh My God!!! Who was that!! The whole office is talking about him!!''

''That....is Leo Grey. Scott's successor and our new manufacturer,'' I tell her.

''Who is totally crushing on you!! He got you flowers Athena!''

''As a sign to make peace.... we got into a little ummm how do I call it.... a disagreement if you will the last time we met, so he brought these.''

''Uhhh huhhh.... And what disagreement did you have now that he asked you for coffee huh?'' she folds her arms over her shoulders and looks at me accusingly.

''What the.....seriously! that's what you do sitted outside there? You listen in to my conversations??''

''Yes...I mean no....but yes I do, especially if the guy is as hot as this one! Don't you see it. He is so into you.''