Chapter 18

-Athena-

''Heyy...you good? are you okay to walk?'' Nancy tells me as she places her hand on my shoulder

I take in deep breathes, ''yeah...yeah I'm good. Let's go.''

I tilt my head up in pride and start walking towards the office, a single sentence playing in my head repeatedly, 'conceal, don't feel.'

As we get closer to my cabin the scent gets stronger than ever. Damn it, whoever this guy is; he needs to leave the building. I manage to locate the source of the musky scent; the lobby. ''I can do this, '' I whisper to myself.

We get to the lobby and I see Charles talking to someone. He shifts a little to his left and the man is now visible. My eyes widen in shock but I quickly look away. Oh no...no... no.... no.... Him!

Theo Argent is my mate!! Why? Why goddess why? That incessant man! No wonder he was behaving weirdly and calling me love that time. Ughhh.

I very quickly avert my gaze, trying my level best to not run into his arms. Ugghhh, as if. Calm down stupid wolf, making me feel things. I make my way to my cabin as fast as possible while ignoring the pair.

I hear Charles talking to Nancy and call her in immediately. Oh God, this is going to be really hard.

''Heyy, so Charles is......'' Nancy starts, I lift up my hand in silence and she immediately shuts up.

''...not a concern at the moment,'' I tell her as I click my laptop to life. ''We've got work to do.''

As we continue going through the slides, I notice his stare on me. Like seriously doesn't he have better things to do? I shift in my seat uncomfortably and Nancy looks at me quizzically. ''Hey, you okay? you are fidgeting a lot.

''Yeah I'm good.... uhh...I think we should install blinds in my office.'' I tell her knowing fully well that the two men outside are listening in.

''Well we had suggested that but you refused so...'' she purses her lips. 

''Hmm.''

Oh God I need to get out of here. I try to tune out my mate as much as possible but my wolf is restless. She wants to run to her mate, feel his arms around her, inhale his scent, his musky scent that is driving both me and her crazy. Oh god no! no! focus Athena. Focus.

After about 40 minutes they decide to leave, seeing that I'm not going to give them my time of the day. ''Ughh thank the moon goddess,'' I mumble as soon as they walk out of the door.

''What did you say?'' Nancy asks her ears perking up. ''What uhh...nothing. Did you hear something?''

''I thought I did. Anyway, now that we've narrowed down our options, we can send them over to Mr. Greys' or would you be personally delivering them to him?'' she wiggles her eyebrows at me.

''You can email these to his office, here take them,'' I tell her irritably.

''Okay, okay, I'm taking them. No need to get so furious Athena. What's up with you today anyway?''

''I'm sorry, I .... I just...it's nothing,'' I reply giving her my best fake smile and walk to the wide window. I look down and see Charles and Theo walking into the building opposite mine. The very same one he was overly confident about. ''Damn you Morgan.''

''Easy there tiger, you're gonna take someone's eye out with that,'' Leo says as he defends my attack towards him, during our evening training session that day.

''That's usually the aim when fighting your enemy isn't it?'' I reply as I dodge his attack and make and attempt to twist my body and attack but he predicts it and grabs me by the waist pulling me to him, my back against his chest.