Chapter 33

-Athena-

I hear two soft knocks on my door and immediately know who it is. A small smile appears on my face as I bookmark my novel, grab my sweater, put it on and walk towards my bedroom door. I open it and come face to face with my mate who is holding what looks like an ice cream tub and two spoons.

''Seriously? It's five o'clock in the morning. Who eats ice cream at this time?'' I ask him as I close the bedroom door behind me and following him to the balcony.

''Well, us apparently,'' he replies and seats on the now repaired balcony sofa. He pats the empty spot next to him. ''So?''

''Okay fine. Which one is it?'' I sit down and try to look at the flavor.

''Chocolate fudge brownie. Your favorite.'' He replies and hands me one spoon.

''How do you.... you know what? Just forget it. Of course you know,'' I wave my hand in dismissal and lean back on the sofa.

Theo just chuckles and digs into the tub as I do the same.

Things between him and I have changed ever since the run that day. We've gotten closer and I'm starting to feel comfortable around him. Especially after the breakfast we had later that day.

''Hey, you've got umm.... you've got some ice cream on your face,'' he points out after a while.

''Ohhh! Where?'' I ask, trying to wipe it off with the back of my hand. ''is it gone?''

''Yeah,'' he chuckles. ''So, what's on today's agenda?''

''The shoot is today so I'm pretty excited about it. What about you?'' I ask him as I manage to score a big chunk of brownie from the tub.

''I don't have much today. Mind if I come with you to the shoot? I promise to behave,'' he says and shoots me an innocent smile.

My heart warms at this and I couldn't help but agree. ''Sure. The shoot starts at nine so be ready by 8:30. That okay with you?''

''Yeah sure,'' he replies.

We sit in a comfortable silence; a cold wind suddenly blows my hair all over my face. I sense Theo's sharp intake of breath as my scent hits him. I smirk a little then try to get the hair out of my face.

''Here, let me help you with that,'' he offers and puts his spoon down. He leans forward and starts clearing the hair off my face. As soon as my vision clears I'm met with his brown eyes boring into mine.

It was then that I realized how close we actually are. My breath hitches as his leathery, musky scent hits me.

I bite my lower lip nervously and follow his gaze as it falls onto my lips. I hear his chest rumble, a low growl escapes him and he dips his head. I part my lips and am about to lean in when we hear a loud crash from the kitchen, thus, ruining our moment.

Theo literally jumps back and storms inside. I gather the spoons and ice cream and follow him.

''What is wrong with you?????'' he shouts at Charles who is now on the floor picking up pieces of glass.

''Oh, I'm sorry did I wake you two up?'' Charles says, looking between the both us, his eyes then land on the ice-cream in my hands. ''Ohhhhh, I see.''

''Are you hurt?'' I ask him while placing the spoons and tub on the counter, before I carefully walk towards him.

''No I'm not. I moved away just in time. Thanks for asking, at least someone cares,'' he rolls his eyes and glares at Theo.

''Athena, love, get away from there you might get hurt,'' Theo says as he approaches us. ''You too Charles. I'll get someone to clean this up.''

Charles and I both get up and leave the kitchen. ''Where's Mila?'' I ask him.