Chapter 19

-Theo-

''Dude, what the hell? Why did you leave like that? weren't you guys having a moment back there?'' Charles yells as he follows me inside the apartment. ''Theo....''

''Look man, you saw what I did there didn't you? I awakened the mate bond. If I would have stayed there for long she would have realized it and blocked me out like before,'' I explain to him.

''Ohhh right, yeah yeah, you're right. But what happens when she does realize?''

''We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Right now I'm just glad that she is okay, although I'm not comfortable with her having these migraines over and over again. We need to find Selene. Goddess, if only we could get a clue to her whereabouts. Just a single clue and I will personally hunt her down and drag her here,'' I growl out.

''I wish we had it Theo, I really do,'' Charles sighs and pats my back as he makes his way to his room to do God knows what.

I grab a glass and pour some whiskey in it then walk out to the balcony, looking out into the night. ''Where are you hiding witch?''

The next morning, I put on my grey suit, grab my files and keys before walking out of the door towards the elevator. Charles decided to stay in today and workout the pack details together with the Gamma.

I close the door behind me while making a turn towards the elevator when I collide into someone, ''oof, sorry,'' she says, ''I wasn't watching where I was going,'' she apologizes then looks up. The softness in her eyes is  immediately replaced by annoyance.

''Ohh it's you,'' She rolls her eyes at me. 

''Morning Athena,'' I smirk at her but she scoffs and starts walking ahead.

Damn she looks hot in that caramel colored pantsuit, if I'm not wrong it's the same one she wore to the alpha meeting a year ago, not that she remembers. ''You know it's rude not to reply when someone greets you,'' I call out as I catch up to her.

''Morning,'' she says curtly and presses the elevator button. We both stand in silence waiting for the elevator to come down from the 09th  floor. It felt like eternity until it finally dinged open.

We both walked in simultaneously to join the other three people who were already in there. Athena chose the far right corner so naturally I stood next to her.

By the time we reached the 05th floor two more people had walked in. The elevator was now crowded to a point where we all had to squeeze in to give the last person space. Not that I minded, especially if it meant I'd get closer to her.

The woman who entered last had a big ass bag with her which needed more space then available, so I moved. Which in turn had me facing Athena in such a close proximity. Her breath hitches upon our contact and she looks up at me, her beautiful green eyes captivating me.

The mate bond starts buzzing in excitement at this, my wolf was high on alert, ready to protect his mate in case anything bad happens. Her scent, which is driving me crazy by the minute hits me like a truck. 

''You're really enjoying this aren't you?'' she whispers low enough for only me to hear.

''Why, aren't you?'' I question her back, a playful smile playing on my lips, ''You can't run away from this Athena, try as much as you want, I will always find my way back to you.'' I lower my head to her ear and whisper back. 

I notice her shudder and tighten her grip on her bag. A victorious smile plays on my lips.

''I can and I will, watch me,'' She replies and pushes me back so that she can leave the elevator. I turn and see that we've already reached the basement so I follow her out.