Chapter 46

-Athena-

The four of us walked into the cell, Theo and I entered first, followed closely by Ethan and Ashton. I feel a firm hand squeezing my shoulder. I glance behind at my brother and give him a small smile which he returns.

This place felt familiar. I look around the cell, my fingers gliding on the hard surfaces. I walk up to the glass that separates the witch, Selene, from us.

''That's her?'' I peer into the glass to take a closer look. ''She is responsible for my memory loss?'' I look at the others in disbelief, then at the witch again. She is so small and petite. Her long dark hair is disheveled and messy, her skin looks dried and dirty. I watch as her cracked lips part and she says something. At first I couldn't make out what she was saying, but then her voice gradually became louder.

''Athena, is that you?'' she croaked then looked up.

''Oh my!'' I gasp and stumble back. Thank the moon goddess Theo was right behind, and he caught me.

She looked terrifying. And that is coming from someone like me. There were scratches on her face, quite deep scratches that traveled from the corner of her right eye to her jaw. Her lips were dried and cracked, her skin so pale and sticky from sweat. She looked like a character from a horror movie.

''Why have you come here?'' I ask her after gathering enough courage.

''I-I.....'' she starts but then bursts into a fit of coughs. ''Water, please, please.''

''Somebody give her water!'' Theo orders some of the pack warriors who were on guard.

''Yes Alpha,'' a curly haired girl quickly rushes to one corner of the room and fills the glass.

Selene downs their content in one go and then speaks up again. This time, her voice is clearer. ''Thank you.''

''You didn't answer her,'' Ethan says from my left. ''Why are you here?''

''I need your help.''

''Did I hear that right?'' Ashton looks at the three of us.

''Yes, you heard it right Alpha Ashton, I do need your help.'' Wait can she really see us? How can she know who's talking? I'm so confused right now.

''You and your sister killed some of our own, why should we help you?'' Ethan questions her.

''One of your own killed my sister too,'' she says and looks directly at the glass. Okay, this is getting creepier. And who killed her sister? Was it me? Or was it Theo? Ethan? Oh Goddess, Dad??

Theo's hand is immediately around my waist and he pulls me closer. That small action held a lot of words, a lot of words that were better left unsaid. But I knew. I knew what he was trying to say. ''It's okay,'' I rub his arm. ''It won't happen again. I'm not going anywhere. Not this time.''

''We will not help you,'' Theo says in a cold voice. ''But be rest assured, we will kill you.''

I've never seen or heard Theo being so cold and harsh. I got to say, his new found attitude sent shivers all over my body. If it wasn't for the current situation we were in, I would have grabbed his face and kissed him. But no, I had to control my urges. We are in the middle of something important here. Control yourself, Athena!

''You and I have a common enemy, Athena,'' she ignores Theo's threat and continues. ''I think you know who I'm talking about.''

''Amunet,'' I whisper.

''That's right. You want her gone and so do I. We can help each other.''

''How can we trust you?'' Ashton asks. ''What if you're working with her? After all, she did find you before we did.''