Chapter 35

-Athena-

''A moment of weakness, that was what it was. I cannot allow myself to be weakened like that. I should not have walked into that study. I cannot let that happen again.'' These thoughts have been drifting through my mind the whole morning. I'm currently in the office bathroom trying to calm myself down.

What if Mila had not interrupted us? What would've happened then? Would I have kissed Theo? Probably, yes. Oh goddess, I need to distance myself from him before I lose it.

''Athena! Athena are you in there?'' I hear Nancy's shrill voice from outside the bathroom.

''Yes. Yes just give a minute,'' I shout back, hoping she's heard me. I take one last look in the mirror, adjust my clothes and hair before I walk out.

''You were in there for long. What did you have for dinner, bad shrimp?'' She asks as soon as I join her.

''I choose not to answer that,'' I reply and walk ahead of her.

I hear her chuckle before she catches up to me. ''So, Charles called. Mila will be our showstopper. You know, I didn't know she was his girlfriend. In fact, I didn't even think he had a girlfriend,'' She whispers the last part.

I catch a hint of disappointment in her voice which makes me stop in my tracks and face her. ''You like Charles!'' I gasp. 

She reacts immediately and presses her hand on my mouth. ''Ssshhh.''

I slap her hand off my face and burst into fits of laughter. ''You like Charles. Oh my, this is- this is huge!!!''

''Oh come on Athena, it's not funny,'' she grumbles in annoyance and closes the door behind us after we walk into my cabin.

''I'm sorry, you're right it's not funny. It's a crush though isn't it? It will go away,'' I tell her, attempting to make her feel better.

''They're good for each other. They fit perfectly together, like puzzle pieces. It sounds weird I know, but during the brief interaction we had yesterday, I saw it. I wish I had someone like that. What do you think Athena? Will we ever get someone who is perfectly in sync with us like the way Mila and Charles are?''

''I don't know, maybe. But you don't stop looking alright. You will find him eventually,'' I reply.

''Well yeah, maybe someday. One thing is true though, matches are surely made in heaven,'' she sighs and leaves.

''Heaven indeed,'' I mumble under my breath and get to work.

Towards noon my phone rings, I look down to see Charles video calling me. ''I'm busy you know,'' I roll my eyes as soon as I answer the call.

''Yet you answered my call,'' he says.

''What is it Charles? I'm going to be home in a few hours, you can disturb me then,'' I tell him, rubbing my temple in agitation.

''I just wanted to show you your showstopper in action,'' he winks, then pans the camera towards Mila who is cat walking around the living room.

''Wow girl! You're good. Shit! She is amazing. Have you considered taking up modelling as a career?'' I ask her.

''Absolutely not!'' Charles shouts shifting the camera to towards him.

''Excuse me?'' I raise an eyebrow. ''I was asking her, not you.''

''She is my mate Athena; I can answer for her.''

''No, you cannot Charles. It's Mila's decision to make. Anyway, that is between the two of you and I don't want to interfere. I'll see you guys in the evening.''