Chapter 37

-Third person POV-

Somewhere off the coast of Casablanca, Morocco, a 600-yr old vampire and her right hand man are seen leaving the just landed plane from Toronto. ''Are you sure the information is correct, Estaban? I will not have someone lead me on a wild goose chase, when I should have been in Toronto ruining that alpha female's life,'' Amunet grumbles in displeasure to her right hand man.

''No, my queen, the information is correct, I have reason to believe it,'' he replies stoically and starts walking ahead.

She follows him towards the parked SUV that was waiting for them. They are then ushered in the car by the waiting driver, who is also a vampire. By the looks of it, quite a young one, 100-yrs maybe or less. With spiky blonde hair and piercing blue eyes.

''You really need to re-visit your hair stylist, boy. That hair is so 2008,'' she scoffs at the young vampire.

''Ignore her, Cyrus, she is in a mood. She'd rather be somewhere else,'' Estaban gives a friendly pat to the young vampire, who suddenly looks self-conscious and insecure.

Cyrus drives them away from the crowded airport, towards a lavish mansion situated on the outskirts of the huge city.

 " Well, isn't this quaint?'' Amunet observes as she walks into the foyer, the judgmental tone in her voice very evident.

''Nothing ever satisfies you, does it, Amunet? Although I was expecting more disdain from you. So I'd like to guess it's not that bad,'' a man's voice echoes over the empty walls of the foyer.

Amunet follows the voice and her eyes land upon what could be the most gorgeous man. Tan skinned, ocean blue eyes and shoulder length brown hair, which is dripping sweat. From the looks of it, he was in the middle of a workout. She eyed his chiseled torso as he walked down the stairs to greet her.

''Is it me, or he is really walking in slow motion?'' Estaban whispers from her left.

''Shut up, will you? and while you're at it, might as well pick up your jaw from the floor,'' she scolds him.

''Put on some clothes will you Raphael? I'd like to have a decent sleep without nightmares,'' She says.

''Oh come on, Amunet, like you haven't had a piece of this?'' Raphael smirks as he comes to a stop opposite the pair.

''Something I'd rather not do, ever again,'' she rolls her eyes at him, before breaking into a smile. ''It's being long my friend.''

''It has indeed. When did we last see each other?'' Raphael asks as he takes one of her hand and places a light kiss on the back of it.

''A few hundred years, I presume. Ahh, how time flies by, especially if you're  immortal,'' Amunet replies and they both burst into laughter.

A young human girl, with a dazed look in her eyes walks up to them and hands Raphael a white shirt. ''Thank you my lovely. Would you and a few others join me in the parlor after ten minutes?''

''Yes, Master,'' she replies robotically and leaves.

''Why will the human be joining us in the parlor. You know I have no love for them,'' Amunet scoffs in disdain as she looks back at the human girl who scurried away.

''You must be exhausted from your journey, Amunet. I'm sure you'd like a drink or two, three even?'' Raphael replies and smirks at her, his sharp fangs glistening.

''Ahh, I see. You get it directly from the source don't you? Very clever,'' she chuckles and walks into the parlor. The two men follow her in. Amunet walks to the bar and pours herself a drink.